What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red Light Therapy for Repairing Spinal Cord Injury Reaches Milestone With New Implant

Ghoti Ichthus

Genesis 18:32, 2 Chronicles 7:14, Acts 5:29

Red Light Therapy for Repairing Spinal Cord Injury Reaches Milestone With New Implant​

By Good News Network
Jun 1, 2024

"People with spinal cord injuries in the future could be healing their nerve connections with a device that uses red light and near-infrared light pointed at the exact source of damage.
The novel therapeutic approach, invented by scientists at the University of Birmingham, involves delivering light directly to the site of the injury through an implant.
Because surgery after spinal cord injury is very common already, doctors would have the opportunity, during the same operation, to implant the device that could treat and repair the spinal cord itself.
In the study, researchers determined an optimal ‘dose’ of light and showed that their method could deliver significant therapeutic improvements including significant restoration of sensation and movement, and regeneration of damaged nerve cells.
In just five days of treatment, they found that the delivery of red light at a wavelength of 660nm for one minute a day increased cell viability (a measurement of the number of live cells) by 45%."

""Excitingly, this aspect of the study showed the effect of 660nm light was both neuro-protective, meaning it improved survival of nerve cells, and neuro-regenerative, meaning it stimulated nerve cell growth,” said Professor Zubair Ahmed, who led the study."

More

I gotta get to bed but this subject- red light therapy is dear to my heart. I think it’s made a difference for me (when I use it) with improving my sleep and possibly the MS like stuff

When I was feeling so sick and the vertigo and ataxia were increasing last week I remembered I had stopped doing it at bedtime for a couple of weeks.

- I am still unsure if that’s why I feel better or it’s coincidental. I also did the Epley maneuvers which do help the vertigo but sometimes that takes a few days.

The red light machine, on my head, neck and back at bedtime made a significant difference by morning the next day. At least I think it did. Coincidence maybe?

But I deliberately aimed the light at the areas I suspect have some damage and might be acting up.

The only reason I bought the thing was the research results that keep coming in on the benefits. It didn’t help George so it’s not a cure all but it does penetrate an inch or two under the skin so brain and spinal cord benefits make sense.

You don’t need an implant for at least some of the benefits. Although it probably increases the amount of light and shortens the time for healing

When I have watched sermons from Pastor Billy Crone he mentions this treatment being used by a medical clinic that set up a trailer next to his church in Las Vegas NV that is made up of Christian medical staff.
Red light therapy is good to treat multiple health problems.

Does it use heat? Do you feel it?
It does heat the tissue gently, much like sunshine on the skin warms your muscles underneath (sunlight has infra red and near infra red which are the 2 parts to any good infra red machine).

It feels like lying in sunshine, without the sunburn. It's way more than gentle heat from a hot water bottle, or a rice bag. Both create warmth which increases blood flow but the proper wavelengths of Infra Red and Near Infra Red change how fast your body heals, improves mitochondrial function and much more.

I really hesitate recommending it without people doing their own research and checking with their own drs. There are some medications that make you light sensitive for example, and that might end up being a problem if you try a red light machine. Ditto Lupus or any other disease that makes people light sensitive.

Even if you have the ok from your dr, and don't have any photosensitivity (sensitive to light) you do need to try it out a bit before you buy.

Mine cost me $500 US and that was after a 20% discount. It is UL listed, the wavelengths are the 2 that are recommended and it's a fairly sturdy machine.

The benefits may be fairly minimal- feeling slightly better, sleeping better which are hard to quantify. How much better? $500 better? I'm happy with mine, - I got that last summer, so not quite a year.

BUT people who buy something especially something expensive have a built in bias to find it useful and beneficial so I might be simply thinking I'm doing better than I am. So take me with a large grain of salt. Especially with the cost of these devices. (be wary of anything that seems too good of a bargain, they may not be using the correct lights to generate the correct wavelengths)

I have noticed better sleep, more energy the day after I use it at bedtime. I THINK it's helping with some of my bouts of ataxia, vertigo etc but that might be purely a placebo effect.

My cardiac arrhythmia has gone down significantly according to the cardiologist I began seeing after the arrhythmia appeared which was right after the vax booster. That is something beyond placebo but it might have gone down in the process of normal healing anyway. I still have it, but a lot less than I did last spring when I was first seen by him. That might be due to destroying the Spike protein or just due to improving the mitochondrial function in the heart muscle itself.

Theoretically and according to the studies I've seen it increases mitochondrial function, decreases blood sugar in diabetics, speeds healing and increases melatonin production within the body so you sleep better without the usual melatonin side effects from a supplement. It penetrates into the body- so there is the possibility it helps healing as in the research above. It does something to the spike proteins that cause all the trouble in Covid and the Covid vaccines. Which was why I got it last summer after 6 months of the arrhythmia.

Most physiotherapists have a machine and use it to help speed healing in muscle injuries as well as arthritic joints so asking a physio you know might be helpful or going to a physio for a few treatments.

Some gyms and fitness buffs use the machines- maybe you can try it out at a local gymn if you're interested.

I'd hate for someone to waste money on one (it's pricey) and then find it's not that good for their own needs.

It does heat the tissue gently, much like sunshine on the skin warms your muscles underneath (sunlight has infra red and near infra red which are the 2 parts to any good infra red machine).

Thanks for all the good info!~:thankyou:

The expensive machine that would help me the most is a plate vibration machine. They are helpful for people with lymphedema (swelling due to damaged/missing lymph nodes.) The best one I've tried is $4k, which I won't pay. But like the light system, it can make some people's conditions worse so everyone has to be careful.

@Margery, what are the wave lengths we should be looking for?
Off the top, the 660 and 800 wavelengths, but I may be out a bit. My device is listed at 660 nm (Red) and 850 nm (Near-Infrared). I will get back to you with that and with some useful stuff if you should choose to go ahead.
@Margery Are the quad bands, if they include the 2 wavelengths you mentioned, any better?
I don't know what a quad band is. There are a number of delivery systems from stuff you can wrap around a joint, to the type I have which is a desktop box with an array of lights that I can place on the floor, a step stool at various heights, a desk or a dresser or the kitchen bar height depending on what area I want to hit. Mine came with a steel cable and pulley system so I could hang it off the back of a door and raise and lower it as needed. I may get around to that eventually but for now it's sitting on top of the desk in the bedroom.

There are even masks and skull caps and one especially weird looking one that you can shove right up your nostrils to get up close and personal with the base of your brain. The mask ones are watered down versions purely for facial wrinkles and skin tone so I've always figured the desk top is more versatile.

While shoving a light wand up the nostrils is amusing and would no doubt cause gusts of laughter among my granddaughters for some strange reason I wasn't even tempted, even if it did irradiate my brain stem nicely.

Thanks for all the good info!~:thankyou:

The expensive machine that would help me the most is a plate vibration machine. They are helpful for people with lymphedema (swelling due to damaged/missing lymph nodes.) The best one I've tried is $4k, which I won't pay. But like the light system, it can make some people's conditions worse so everyone has to be careful.

Everyone does have to be careful because:

If it's strong enough to have healing effects whether it's a cup of tea or a lit up nostril wand (wouldn't Gandalf be jealous? Harry Potter eat your heart out) or a diet supplement, if it's strong enough to work, it's strong enough to HURT. Side effects of medicines happen even if the medicine isn't a Rx.

All that said for most people the benefits far outweigh the risks, but each person has to balance the risks (wallet or health) with the benefits.

FWIW this is the one I got: KOZE S Series - Red Light Therapy device and I used a 20% off code which if it's still available I can tell anyone who wants. It's now a 10% off code, sorry.

How to buy:
Buying Guide for Infrared Light Therapy - The Nerve Doctors

Interesting research on using it for prevention/improvement in Alzheimers- this interested me. I think it's due to the reduction in blood sugars and or the improvement in the mitochondria. The dr doing the bulk of the research has several YouTube talks out on the subject.

Other stuff I didn't include discusses the use of this for autism, and several psychiatric disorders. Help the brain function better.

Use in gout
this one is a good example of using it in addition to medication, reducing blood sugars and generally using red light therapy as an add on to whatever program your dr has you on if you suffer from gout for example.

effects on blood sugar

Why I got mine:

Mitochondrial stuff:

Do your own research, look up whatever it is you think might be helped by it because this may or may not be a promising addition to whatever you are doing, BUT it is def. expensive.

Above all check with your dr FIRST because people with implants, people on certain drugs or with certain diseases that make them sensitive to light or other things might be harmed.

Remember if it's strong enough to work, it's strong enough to hurt.

We have a heat light in one of the bathrooms that only does infrared. I wonder how it compares.
It will likely give you one of the wavelengths, that would be gentle heat. But it would be missing half, which is the near infra red spectrum which is invisible to the eye, and penetrates into the tissues and is what does the bit with the mitochondria inside the cells inside the body.

Back