What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rand Paul Explains What He'll Do to Avoid a Shutdown

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Staff member
Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) is standing firm against funding for Ukraine in the upcoming spending bill, noting Thursday that a shutdown over this issue could be avoided if Americans are put first.

“To avoid a government shutdown, I will consent to an expedited vote on a clean CR without Ukraine aid on it. If leadership insists on funding another country’s government at the expense of our own government, all blame rests with their intransigence,” he wrote on X, referring to his threat to hold up a government funding bill in the Senate over the more than $6 billion it includes for Ukraine.

“I am not going along with it, I will not allow my consent to let them push through more money for Ukraine, particularly when they have the gall to tell us they’re going to pay Ukrainian government workers while our workers go unpaid,” he said. “That is the height of gall and I won’t stand for it.”

I wonder if people will be able to pay their student loans, or if the Dept Ed and the various servicers will shut down websites, phones, etc. If these are all shut down, I'd say this is part of "the plan" :yikes: No one there to even sign for a tracked piece of mail with a check or money order, so payments would be late and not posted . . .

Same with the Medicare website, myhealthevet, myva, etc.

I hope all the Vets, who got the force-fed 90-day supply of meds right before/as the pandemic hit, have been keeping up with refills and rotating so far less worry about running out.

I hope all the Vets, who got the force-fed 90-day supply of meds right before/as the pandemic hit, have been keeping up with refills and rotating so far less worry about running out.

They didn't do that in Alaska, at least as far as what I experienced. They send my meds through the mail and that just continued as normal. I did ask for some extra before I moved and they took care of that for me.

They didn't do that in Alaska, at least as far as what I experienced. They send my meds through the mail and that just continued as normal. I did ask for some extra before I moved and they took care of that for me.

Some things they couldn't do it with (ex pain meds and some things that have short shelf life)
But they sure did with my thyroid meds, Eliquis, and ergocalciferol :hyper:
Not anything that was short-term or otherwise temporary, though.

Back