What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Putin wants Ukraine ceasefire on current frontlines, sources say

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Staff member
MOSCOW/LONDON (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin is ready to halt the war in Ukraine with a negotiated ceasefire that recognises the current battlefield lines, four Russian sources told Reuters, saying he is prepared to fight on if Kyiv and the West do not respond.

Three of the sources, familiar with discussions in Putin's entourage, said the veteran Russian leader had expressed frustration to a small group of advisers about what he views as Western-backed attempts to stymie negotiations and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy's decision to rule out talks.

"Putin can fight for as long as it takes, but Putin is also ready for a ceasefire – to freeze the war," said another of the four, a senior Russian source who has worked with Putin and has knowledge of top level conversations in the Kremlin.

Is God turning President Putin back?

Is President Putin needing a break to rest and regroup before continuing the war?

Is this a ploy to get NATO to drop its guard/reduce its defensive posture?

Will Russia USSR pay restitution plus punitive damages for all the lives, injuries, property, evacuation inconvenience and costs, mental anguish, etc.?

:pray: :pray: :amen: :amen: :thankyou: :thankyou:

Interesting that Putin wants a ceasefire just before the US election this year...
It's creates a good reason for Putin to point back and say how often he tried to make peace but the West, and NATO just kept going ahead, so finally Putin HAD to end it reluctantly, using tactical nukes ie neutron bombs which create very little long term radiation and leave infrastructure more or less intact outside the detonation point.

Putin has just cause in Russian terms- this very scenario is outlined in the Gerasimov doctrine of war that Russia adopted back in 2014 I think it was, around the time Obama allowed Russia to take the Crimean peninsula away from Ukraine.

Trump would likely call his bluff on this - if in power he would say fine, lets make a deal- and I think Putin wants to do what he needs to do before Trump gets back in because he fears Trump (he didn't budge beyond the Crimea until Biden was safely in power).

I think Putin is creating a case that he simply had no choice but to use a neutron bomb or two to stop the conflict. He has been parroting the need for nukes from Hiroshima and Nagasaki for a very good reason in that he will likely make a parallel before the world courts and the UN for his actions.

It's creates a good reason for Putin to point back and say how often he tried to make peace but the West, and NATO just kept going ahead, so finally Putin HAD to end it reluctantly, using tactical nukes ie neutron bombs which create very little long term radiation and leave infrastructure more or less intact outside the detonation point.

Putin has just cause in Russian terms- this very scenario is outlined in the Gerasimov doctrine of war that Russia adopted back in 2014 I think it was, around the time Obama allowed Russia to take the Crimean peninsula away from Ukraine.

Trump would likely call his bluff on this - if in power he would say fine, lets make a deal- and I think Putin wants to do what he needs to do before Trump gets back in because he fears Trump (he didn't budge beyond the Crimea until Biden was safely in power).

I think Putin is creating a case that he simply had no choice but to use a neutron bomb or two to stop the conflict. He has been parroting the need for nukes from Hiroshima and Nagasaki for a very good reason in that he will likely make a parallel before the world courts and the UN for his actions.
I agree.

I really don't know who to believe with this anymore but apparently the tide of the war may be turning for Ukraine and this is why Putin is now asking for this ?

Russia has been taking a little more territory, but it seems a lot like WW I where the lines often didn't move all that much and the Front was a meat grinder.

Putin's got some problems with his generals. I haven't listened to the Russian expat Konstantin but I've seen 2 of his recent headlines (1 below) and his generals plus economics at home are problems. So he may be looking for a quick fix. Putin doesn't want to nuke anything if he doesn't have to and if he can keep Ukraine and get NATO off his back and stop the Ukraine resistance internationally he would likely go for that.

In terms of possible Gog Magog stuff, he want's to consolidate his rule in Ukraine which he views as southern Russia and he does have cash flow problems. His generals are giving him a headache.

The new guy is a finance type, not an expert in war. Money problems meet Putin's need for improved management of the army.

Back