What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll finds 72% of Israelis think Netanyahu should quit over Oct. 7 failures

Seventy-two percent of Israelis think Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu needs to resign over the failures of October 7, according to a Channel 12 poll published Friday.

Of those, 44% believe Netanyahu needs to quit immediately, while another 28% believe he should resign when the war ends.

The poll also found that 50% of those who define themselves as supporters of the government believe Netanyahu must leave office before the end of his term. Forty-two percent of supporters said he should see out his term.

More

I'm not sure I believe Netanyahu should resign now or after the war effort is over. FDR didn't resign after Pearl Harbor. Bush W didn't resign after 911. Lincoln didn't resign after the start of the civil war. He has numerous enemies domestically and across the globe. I'm sure they want him to resign. Should he? Did he fail the people of Israel? Was it others that failed them? Should he have known? Should he pay the price even if he couldn't/shouldn't have known? I think the hatred for him and possibly the fact that a resignation might make him vulnerable to many other things is the motivators.

I think the hatred for him and possibly the fact that a resignation might make him vulnerable to many other things is the motivators.
100% agree.

I can understand why people might want a different face. Netanyahu has been leading Israel off and on since the 90s. But war is not the time for change.

And there are a lot of people out to get him for no other reason than he is right wing, he is protective of Israel and he doesn't kow tow to the political machinery in Washington DC. Nor does he bow to Russian pressure of which there has been plenty over the years.

I just looked it up on Wiki

He was Prime Minister from 1996-1999, again in 2009-2021, back in 2022 to now. 3 years, 12 years and now 1 year into his latest term. Term limits don't exist there -it's whether or not you can pull together a coalition of very different parties to cobble together a team to lead Israel.

He did a lot for Israel whether he was in public office or in the private sector in his time off from being PM.

Back