What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oxford Breakthrough Could Allow Cancer to be Detected 7 Years Earlier Than Current Methods

Ghoti Ichthus

Genesis 18:32, 2 Chronicles 7:14, Acts 5:29
I wonder how this compares with the Galleri (GRAIL/Illumina) blood test that tests for 50 types of cancer, or if they're related (Galleri article below OP article)

Oxford Breakthrough Could Allow Cancer to be Detected 7 Years Earlier Than Current Methods​

By Good News Network
May 19, 2024

"Oxford University scientists have discovered proteins in the blood that could warn people of cancer more than seven years earlier than currently possible.In two studies, they identified 618 proteins linked to 19 different types of cancer, including 107 proteins in a group of people whose blood was collected at least seven years before diagnosis.The research team discovered that the proteins could be involved at the very earliest stages of cancer, when the disease could be prevented.The team believes the breakthrough could not only help treat the disease at an earlier stage, but even prevent it altogether.They used a powerful technique called proteomics which allows them to analyze a large set of proteins in tissue samples at a single point in time, to see how they interact with each other—and find any important differences in proteins between different tissue samples.”

More

This New Test Can Detect 50 Types of Cancer from a Single Blood Draw​

By Jamie Reno on November 2, 2021

More

Galleri official website

:bouncies:

:thankyou: JESUS!!! :thankyou:

:pray: :pray: :amen: :amen: :thankyou: :thankyou:

Galleri's website says: "Most health insurance plans do not cover the cost of the test." It's $949. I too wonder how this Oxford study relates to the Galleri test and how long until the Oxford study has a test available for their version/new findings. I'm thinking about taking the Galleri test, but then I think if I do have cancer maybe it would be better to not find out until really late, because I don't think I can handle the treatment for it and would rather just go home.

Back