What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Great Commission

Andy C

Well-known
Often times, I spend too much time worrying or reading about all the negatives in our fallen world. Perhps my time would be better focused on what really counts, and thats helping as many as possible see the Light!

Our Great Commission
By Dennis Huebshman

Matthew 28:18-20; “And Jesus came and said to them, all authority in Heaven and on earth has been given to Me. (19) Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit, (20) teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” (ESV – all emphasis mine)

Our Savior did not set limits of how many people to pass His “Commission” to. Matthew 18:20; “For where two or three are gathered in My Name, there I am among them.”

In John 20:21-23 we read; “Jesus said to them again, ‘Peace be with you. As the Father has sent Me, even so I am sending you’. (22) And when He had said this, He breathed on them and said to them, ‘Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you withhold forgiveness from any, it is withheld’.”

Acts 1:4-5; 8; “And while staying with them, He ordered them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father which He said you heard from Me. (5) For John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now. (8) But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” Right after this statement, Jesus was “Raptured” back to Heaven.

John the Baptist fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah 40:3; “A voice cries in the wilderness to prepare the way of the Lord; make straight in the desert a highway for our God.” John himself acknowledged that he was the one preparing the way in Matthew 3:11 saying; “I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.” It should be noted, John was a cousin of Jesus.

I love Dennis's writing and this is another good example.

The reason God "delays" the Rapture as we see it, is explained in 2 Peter 3:9 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

The signs are all around us that the Tribulation is getting ready for the curtain (and us) to go up, get out of the way. What matters is salvation, of as many as possible.

Back