What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NYC issues posters telling migrants to 'consider another city,' warns of sky-high prices

• Thread starter Thread starter Zephyr
  • Start date Start date
Z

Zephyr

So much for the Sanctuary City idea...

New York City Mayor Eric Adams announced Wednesday that his administration is putting out new posters telling migrants to "consider another city" and warning of high costs for housing, food and transportation in the Big Apple as it struggles to deal with its share of illegal immigrants.

"We have no more room in the city," Adams stressed at a press conference, calling for economic support from the federal government and a "decompression strategy" across the country.

Adams rolled out the posters, which outline how over 90,000 migrants have hit the city since April last year, and said, "There is no guarantee we will be able to provide shelter and services to new arrivals."

Sounds like the mayor is being racist, why I thought NYC was accepting to all immigrants? What’s that inscription on the Statue of Liberty?

Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

Back