What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now they are ready to merge AI with human brain cells

• Thread starter Thread starter ....
  • Start date Start date
?

Australian DishBrain researchers receive more than $400K to merge AI with human brain cells
From FoxNews:

A team of researchers in Australia has been awarded more than $403,000 in federal funding to merge human brain cells with artificial intelligence.

Melbourne's Monash University, which led the research into growing human brain cells on silicon chips, said in a release that the money came from the National Intelligence and Security Discovery Research Grants Program.

The program was led by Turner Institute Associate Professor Adeel Razi and is a collaboration with start-up Cortical Labs.

It involves growing around 800,000 brain cells living in a dish, which are then "taught" to perform goal-directed tasks.

(more):

An Australian intelligence agency is funding research attempting to merge artificial intelligence with human brain cells. According to The Guardian, “Research into merging human brain cells with artificial intelligence has received a $600,000 grant from defense and the Office of National Intelligence (ONI).”

The funding from the Australia National Intelligence and Security Discovery Research Grants Program will go to research being conducted by the Monash University and Cortical Labs. Adeel Razi, the project’s lead and associate professor from the Monash University’s Turner Institute for Brain and Mental Health, explained, “This new technology capability in future may eventually surpass the performance of existing, purely silicon-based hardware.”

Last year, the research team created a “DishBrain” – a “semi-biological computer chip with some 800,000 human and mouse brain cells lab-grown into its electrodes,” according to New Atlas. The DishBrain utilizes lab-cultivated neurons from human stem cells. The scientists were able to train the brain cells to play the classic video game “Pong.”

More

Oh man, there's no stopping this, not even laws..... which too many people don't follow. Boy, Revelation is really coming into view!

On a more humorous note, I can see the excuses that could be used now, "So sorry my driving is all over the place ociffer, I think my code is scrambled tonight."

:sojo414:

An Australian intelligence agency is funding research attempting to merge artificial intelligence with human brain cells. According to The Guardian, “Research into merging human brain cells with artificial intelligence has received a $600,000 grant from defense and the Office of National Intelligence (ONI).”

The funding from the Australia National Intelligence and Security Discovery Research Grants Program will go to research being conducted by the Monash University and Cortical Labs. Adeel Razi, the project’s lead and associate professor from the Monash University’s Turner Institute for Brain and Mental Health, explained, “This new technology capability in future may eventually surpass the performance of existing, purely silicon-based hardware.”

Last year, the research team created a “DishBrain” – a “semi-biological computer chip with some 800,000 human and mouse brain cells lab-grown into its electrodes,” according to New Atlas. The DishBrain utilizes lab-cultivated neurons from human stem cells. The scientists were able to train the brain cells to play the classic video game “Pong.”

More

@Sojourner414
I hadn't seen your post. Since you are staff could you please take mine off?
Sorry about that 🥰

@Sojourner414
I hadn't seen your post. Since you are staff could you please take mine off?
Sorry about that 🥰
Actually, I should apologize; it wasn't my intent to make you feel bad about yours! That said, I simply merged the two threads together so we wouldn't lose anyone's replies in them ( I think some good points were made in both!). Additionally, two separate news sources reinforces the story and confirms it without a doubt! :D

Actually, I should apologize; it wasn't my intent to make you feel bad about yours! That said, I simply merged the two threads together so we wouldn't lose anyone's replies in them ( I think some good points were made in both!). Additionally, two separate news sources reinforces the story and confirms it without a doubt! :D
I don't feel bad, honestly. I only asked my thread be removed so there aren't multiple threads on the same topic. Since you merged them together that's fine.

Sometimes the title headings can be a bit different even in the same storyline so it was just overlooked when I posted my thread.
I'm good, you're good,
But Above All
God Is Good, Amen.

Back