What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Apostolic Reformation: A Mountain of Misleading

By Dr. David Bowen

The book of Acts introduces a man named Simon, who practiced magic.

“Now when Simon saw that the Spirit was bestowed through the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered them money, saying, ‘Give this authority to me as well, so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit.’ But Peter said to him, ‘May your silver perish with you because you thought you could obtain the gift of God with money! You have no part or portion in this matter, for your heart is not right before God. Therefore repent of this wickedness of yours, and pray the Lord that, if possible, the intention of your heart may be forgiven you.'” (Acts 8:18-22, NASB)

Two thousand years after Simon the magician, the world still has “spiritual leaders” who want to have spiritual authority. The New Apostolic Reformation (NAR) is a dominionist movement based on the belief that God is restoring the offices of Prophet and Apostle. The movement’s premise is that prophets and apostles alone have the power and authority to execute God’s plans and purposes on earth.

C. Peter Wagner

The movement is traced back to C. Peter Wagner, who claims Apostles and Prophets will rule the Church of the 21st Century. This movement began as Wagner became known for teaching and promoting church growth and spiritual warfare. He gradually claimed to be the visionary Apostolic leader he espoused and anointed himself NAR’s “Presiding Apostle.”

The New Apostolic Reformation does not have a formal membership but is well received in the Pentecostal and charismatic circles. In 1998, Wagner authored a book entitled Churchquake, with the subheading, “The New Apostolic Reformation is shaking up the church as we know it.” In this work, Wagner examined present-day apostolic church networks that are unofficially bound together by a shared theology. He claimed that the NAR was not involved in politics; however, in June 2022, his original book, Dominion, was republished as Dominion!: Your Role in Bringing Heaven to Earth. This work clarified the separation of the NAR from the biblically orthodox evangelical Christian Church. Wagner’s dominion theology, or what he called a new paradigm, is used to promote topics such as the second apostolic age, social transformation, and God having an open mind.

Kingdom Now and the Seven Mountain Mandate .....
Continue Reading:

So much for the responsibility and authority of Pastors of local congregations and the Universal Priesthood of Believers.

No, thank you.
I like my local church and the accountability, responsibility, and authority our Pastor has to the congregation and church, and have no interest in a centralized religious hierarchy, like the RCC, which has no real accountability for Clergy :tap:

Two thousand years after Simon the magician, the world still has “spiritual leaders” who want to have spiritual authority. The New Apostolic Reformation (NAR) is a dominionist movement based on the belief that God is restoring the offices of Prophet and Apostle. The movement’s premise is that prophets and apostles alone have the power and authority to execute God’s plans and purposes on earth.

It can mean a road to wealth and power for some with charismatic personalities and a willingness to dupe the masses.

Back