What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NASA Pushes Return of Suni Williams and Butch Wilmore Back to Earth to 2025 in a SpaceX Crew Dragon Capsule, as Boeing’s Starliner’s Woes Are Ongoing

Ghoti Ichthus

Genesis 18:32, 2 Chronicles 7:14, Acts 5:29

NASA Pushes Return of Suni Williams and Butch Wilmore Back to Earth to 2025 in a SpaceX Crew Dragon Capsule, as Boeing’s Starliner’s Woes Are Ongoing​

by Paul Serran Aug. 24, 2024 10:20 pm

"NASA has finally decided that a SpaceX Crew Dragon capsule will bring home the two stranded astronauts aboard the International Space Station for about 80 days,
The issues plaguing the Boeing Starliner spacecraft make ‘a stunning turn of events’ for the beleaguered aerospace giant.

CNN reported:
“The news comes after the space agency held a formal review on Saturday to determine whether it would deem Boeing’s Starliner vehicle safe enough to return home with its crew — or if SpaceX’s workhorse Crew Dragon spacecraft would have to step in to save the day.”

Helium leaks and thrusters that abruptly stopped working have plagued the test flight that took Suni Williams and Butch Wilmore to the space station in early June.
“On Saturday, Nelson said NASA considered its extensive experience with spaceflight — both successful and unsuccessful — when making the decision. A poll of NASA representatives from across the agency’s departments and research, oversight and development centers was unanimous, according to agency officials.

The next SpaceX mission will leave two empty seats for Williams and Wilmore to occupy on the Crew-9 flight home.
They will remain on-site for an additional six months.
“The reassignment to Crew-9 will push the duo’s return to February 2025 at the earliest.”

More

:pray: :pray: :amen: :amen: :thankyou: :thankyou:

With terrible neck and lower back problems, I think the only thing I would enjoy would be the zero gravity sleeping arrangements.
For me, that would be the worst. They are in a sleeping bag, tied to a fixture, yet still floating. Maybe its not as bad as their drinking water which is primarily made from their body fluids, sent through a water processing system. Dont even get me started on how they go to the bathroom…..

3 min video on going to bathroom on the space station

For me, that would be the worst. They are in a sleeping bag, tied to a fixture, yet still floating. Maybe its not as bad as their drinking water which is primarily made from their body fluids, sent through a water processing system. Dont even get me started on how they go to the bathroom…..

Far better now than it used to be for Mercury and Gemini :lol:
Apollo got a little better.

Alan Shepherd was told to "do it in the suit" :lol:

The Second Man in Space Had a Wee Wish—That He’d Used the Bathroom Before Blasting Off​

The History of Urinating in Space​

Whaa?? I never knew this. But of course it makes sense because how else would they be able to have water. But how disgusting. 🤢

Most water intake points for municipal water systems are downstream of the sewage treatment plant(s)
What's coming out of the sewage treatment plants is cleaner than what's in the river, so the water people have less to do to clean it up enough to be potable.

The amount of water taken out of the river is less because some of it has been taken out twice (or more), so less impact downstream by less reduction in water flow.

Most water intake points for municipal water systems are downstream of the sewage treatment plant(s)
What's coming out of the sewage treatment plants is cleaner than what's in the river, so the water people have less to do to clean it up enough to be potable.

The amount of water taken out of the river is less because some of it has been taken out twice (or more), so less impact downstream by less reduction in water flow.
Our water is from the aquifer which is getting ruined by lawn fertilizer, etc. Thats why we installed a very good RO system for drinking water.

Don’t drink the Kool Aid made with that lie. I’ve been at the river plenty of times when the USGS is taking water samples. I stopped and talked with the guy about fish from our river.

I asked him about the safety of eating fish caught downriver from our paper plant, the largest local polluter. Fish that are caught near the plant sometimes have sores and a foul taste to the meat, I don’t eat them.

I asked guy taking the samples about the pollution. He said personally I wouldn’t eat the fish from the train trestle downriver for a few miles. I said oh okay because of the paper mill? He said nope, the discharge pipe from the sewage plant is next to the trestle, I knew that already. I said why wouldn’t you eat those fish? He said, the fecal coliform bacteria levels around that pipe are off the chart high. Everytime you go by there are people fishing there. The discharge water is warmer, and in the winter the fish congregate by the discharge water.

So then I asked him are you saying the fish up river from the trestle are safe? He said yes, I said that’s good to know because I always worried about eating fish out of the river downstream from the nuclear power plant, and I laughed. He laughed too. But he did say if you’re going to eat fish downriver from the bridge, go downriver a few miles.

U-2 and SR-71 pilots wear/wore very absorbent diapers when flying. I guess they get used to it...

Don’t drink the Kool Aid made with that lie. I’ve been at the river plenty of times when the USGS is taking water samples. I stopped and talked with the guy about fish from our river.

I asked him about the safety of eating fish caught downriver from our paper plant, the largest local polluter. Fish that are caught near the plant sometimes have sores and a foul taste to the meat, I don’t eat them.

I asked guy taking the samples about the pollution. He said personally I wouldn’t eat the fish from the train trestle downriver for a few miles. I said oh okay because of the paper mill? He said nope, the discharge pipe from the sewage plant is next to the trestle, I knew that already. I said why wouldn’t you eat those fish? He said, the fecal coliform bacteria levels around that pipe are off the chart high. Everytime you go by there are people fishing there. The discharge water is warmer, and in the winter the fish congregate by the discharge water.

So then I asked him are you saying the fish up river from the trestle are safe? He said yes, I said that’s good to know because I always worried about eating fish out of the river downstream from the nuclear power plant, and I laughed. He laughed too. But he did say if you’re going to eat fish downriver from the bridge, go downriver a few miles.

Wonder if it depends on which sewage treatment plant it is or which state? I wouldn't eat anything out of the river in the St Louis area and many miles downstream because the sewage treatment system is totally inadequate, frequently floods, and simply discharges what it can't manage (or at least it used to when I was there). You can see what they discharged :eek: :puke: The St Louis MSD website is full of excuses that sound like simply information, but not when one really thinks about what is being said. Not exactly a lie, but huge, blatant whitewashing of the truth and minimizing of the problems. I feel bad for the fish living in the river there. Except the catfish with eyes as big as dinner plates (please don't inhale as the diver feels around the bridge piling inspecting it :eek:

Here, they publish water information from multiple points in various rivers, lakes, all the water towers, all the water systems, etc. People here get really upset when stuff isn't right, doesn't meet (or exceed) standards for water. Only meeting standards fpr water and sewage is enough for a municipality's City Manager to get fired for cause. There's more than one group of water activists that frequent the permanent official protest sites, and they get media coverage. Then people complain to the politicians and appointed officials, and then stuff happens if it hasn't already. Minnesota . . . land of 10,000 protests :lol:

Mostly peaceful protests that is

I hate that national media kept showing video of Seattle, etc., or old video of Lake Street burning, and talking about Minneapolis for months after the rioting in Minneapolis had stopped, thus implying the riots were still happening. They never showed all the street preachers and Pastors and Baptisms, etc. that happened as a direct result of George Floyd. The 32,000 bags of groceries donated for people in the neighborhood when the goal was 5,000. The church-led help, and the historic and continuing huge church presence and involvement throughout the communities before, during, and after George Floyd.

God used the George Floyd incident to open a LOT of doors for The Gospel, where in the past there was a lot of resistance.

5 days of burning, and then Gov. Walz sent in the National Guard, over the protests of the woke Mayor of Minneapolis. A lot of the media reports it the other way around, but the Gov. offered shortly after the info that George Floyd had died got to his office. It's not politically correct to say that the Mayor was responsible for either the training and conduct of the police department, or not getting help in right away, or at least day after the first riots, because the Mayor is so woke. It's easier to for national media to say whatever is politically correct andpush their agenda farther because the damage will be done long before anyone can get the facts out (if they ever can). That Mayor actually wanted to take away guns from police and pushed hard for it :eek: It's good that the residents of Minneapolis got the Councilmembers to see enough reason to at least get some reforms stopped before what the city Council had voted for was actually put in place.

Back