What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let the Bible Speak For Itself

Goodboy

Just waiting for the Rapture at this point!
Let the Bible Speak For Itself

Let us start with the fact the Bible is God’s Word and the TRUTH. If you do not believe that, then don’t waste your time reading any further.

The Bible has many very simple truths in it that anyone can understand. However, many people override the simple truths with some more so-called complex study. Here is the problem. If you contradict what the Bible clearly states, then you have to throw out those simple truths and might as well create a new Bible without those statements.

Let me first explain the principle with an example or analogy of what I mean.

Let’s say you have a friend named John. Let’s say that John never lies. I know that’s a stretch, but this is my story. So John tells you he has quit his job. You ask John why he quit. He tells you that he was not making enough money. At first you believe him and tell others that ask you why John quit.

Later John says he is so glad that he quit his job, as he hated his boss and his new boss is great. You now think that the real reason John quit his job is because he hated his boss and now tell others that. Huh? If that is the real reason John quit his job that would mean that John lied to you when you first asked him. But wait we already established that John never lies. This creates a contradiction.

So back to the Bible. Here are some verses that anyone can understand which say salvation is a FREE GIFT and that no works are required.

Romans 5:15 - But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many
Romans 5:16 - And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

So how can any Christian religion claim that we must work to be saved? They would have to throw out the verses I have listed no matter what other verses they come up with.

Let the Bible Speak For Itself!

Goodboy :)

Back