What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Khaled Mashal takes over Hamas leadership after Sinwar's death, report says

Almost Heaven

Well-known
Following Yahya Sinwar's assassination, senior Hamas official Khaled Mashal has taken over as de facto leader, responsible for negotiations on hostages, Lebanese network LBCI reported on Thursday. Hamas informed Turkish, Qatari and Egyptian officials of Sinwar's death and warned that the prisoner exchange and cease-fire talks would become more complicated. U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Qatari Foreign Minister Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani also discussed the killing's impact on negotiations.
(Lior Ben Ari)

I don't think Sinwar's absence is going to change much for the direction of the war or the situation with hostages.

I would like to wake up tomorrow to see a headline saying "Khaled Mashal Joins Sinwar" after successful targeted attack.
Like Nasrallah's successor, and Nasrallah's successor's successor.

(To head of a bunch of terrorists is not a ticket to a long life, these days)

Khaled Mashal lives in Qatar and has not been in Gaza for at least a decade. This elimination will be a little more tricky!​

I was wondering where he was located. Maybe Qatar will kick him out of the country now that he's a legitimate military target.

The new leader will need some pagers to communicate with the remaining hamas fighters in gaza.

Back