What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kamala says quiet part out loud: Government ‘oversight’ needed to police the internet and rein in thought crimes

By Leo Hohmann

A Brazilian Supreme Court panel on Monday upheld a decision to suspend Elon Musk’s social media platform X in the country.
Last Friday, Justice Alexandre de Moraes ordered the platform blocked.

Since the decision, Musk and his supporters have tried to paint de Moraes as a renegade and an authoritarian censor of political speech. But Brazil is no outlier. The European Union is also cracking down on free speech with its Online Service Act and we have our own free-speech haters here in the United States.

In fact, one of them is a candidate for president.
Kamala Harris came out over the weekend and admitted in the wide open that she wants to see the same type of state-sponsored censorship implemented in the United States as what we see taking shape in Brazil.

The government, Harris believes, should have ultimate control over what you and I are allowed to post on the internet, as well as more control over what we are allowed to see and hear. She doesn’t trust us to decide for ourselves as to the truth or accuracy of what we see or read online.

More
(video included with Kamala Harris statement )

By Leo Hohmann

Kamala Harris came out over the weekend and admitted in the wide open that she wants to see the same type of state-sponsored censorship implemented in the United States as what we see taking shape in Brazil.

The government, Harris believes, should have ultimate control over what you and I are allowed to post on the internet, as well as more control over what we are allowed to see and hear. She doesn’t trust us to decide for ourselves as to the truth or accuracy of what we see or read online.

:explode:

:mad: :apost: :ban:

:tap:

Vice President Harris is sworn to support and defend the United States Constitution :tap:
She swore or affirmed her oath on January 20, 2021 with her hand on a stack of TWO BIBLES

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution;
United States Constitution, Article VI, Clause 3

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
United States Constitution, Amendment 1

Whereas Member States have pledged themselves to achieve, in co-operation with the United Nations, the promotion of universal respect for and observance of human rights and fundamental freedoms,
Whereas a common understanding of these rights and freedoms is of the greatest importance for the full realization of this pledge,
Now, therefore,
The General Assembly,
Proclaims this Universal Declaration of Human Rights as a common standard of achievement for all peoples and all nations,
to the end that every individual and every organ of society, keeping this Declaration constantly in mind, shall strive by teaching and education to promote respect for these rights and freedoms and by progressive measures, national and international, to secure their universal and effective recognition and observance, both among the peoples of Member States themselves and among the peoples of territories under their jurisdiction.
(UN) Universal Declaration of Human Rights, extract from the Preamble

Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.
(UN) Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 18

Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.
(UN) Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 19

1. Everyone has the right to freedom of peaceful assembly and association.

2. No one may be compelled to belong to an association.
(UN) Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 20

:tap:

:pray: :pray: :amen: :amen: :thankyou: :thankyou:

By Leo Hohmann

A Brazilian Supreme Court panel on Monday upheld a decision to suspend Elon Musk’s social media platform X in the country.
Last Friday, Justice Alexandre de Moraes ordered the platform blocked.

Since the decision, Musk and his supporters have tried to paint de Moraes as a renegade and an authoritarian censor of political speech. But Brazil is no outlier. The European Union is also cracking down on free speech with its Online Service Act and we have our own free-speech haters here in the United States.

Wonder if TPTB in Brazil will censor the Green Bay Packers fans on Friday, September 6th

Just in case . . .

GO PACK GO!
GO PACK GO!
GO PACK GO!
GO PACK GO!
GO PACK GO!

GO PACK GO!
GO PACK GO!
GO PACK GO!
GO PACK GO!
GO PACK GO!

GO PACK GO!