What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judge alerts Bragg and Trump to post claiming to be juror ‘cousin’

One week after former President Donald Trump was convicted of 34 felony counts by a 12-member jury, the judge on Friday raised concern about a social media post shared to the court’s page around the time the jury’s verdict came down by a person claiming to be the “cousin” of a juror.

“Today, the Court became aware of a comment that was posted on the Unified Court System’s public Facebook page and which I now bring to your attention,” Judge Juan Merchan shared in a letter to Trump’s attorneys and prosecutors with Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s office.

“In the comment, the user, ‘Michael Anderson,’ states: ‘My cousin is a juror and says Trump is getting convicted … Thank you folks for all your hard work!!! ….'” Merchan wrote in the letter.

More

Here's a left field possibility that has occurred to me-- it is possible, given the scathing assessment of the judge's conduct by every top legal mind in America and even the world, that judge Merchan realized he had gone too far during the trial and he could plainly see how badly he would look on appeal. So, In order to avoid that possibility, he is giving the defense an opportunity to call for a mistrial. In this way his conduct during the original trial becomes moot, and all that matters is that the jury was tainted through no fault of the judge's. Like I said, that's way out there, but entirely possible.

Here's a left field possibility that has occurred to me-- it is possible, given the scathing assessment of the judge's conduct by every top legal mind in America and even the world, that judge Merchan realized he had gone too far during the trial and he could plainly see how badly he would look on appeal. So, In order to avoid that possibility, he is giving the defense an opportunity to call for a mistrial. In this way his conduct during the original trial becomes moot, and all that matters is that the jury was tainted through no fault of the judge's. Like I said, that's way out there, but entirely possible.
Seems plausible, if not probable.

If they do a redo on another trial, I sure hope Merchan is not the judge again or this case is completely thrown out on Trump. The person that claims their cousin a juror told them that Trump would be convicted am wondering if this could be a made up story to stir things up. A juror is not suppose to talk to anyone about a case that they are on. I have been a juror so I know this for a fact.I wonder if they can actually prove this is true.

**Related

Don’t Be Shocked If the Story About the Trump Juror Spilling the Guilty Verdict Ends Up Being Fake​

We knew the trial was a sham. The verdict was baked into the cake long before opening arguments began, but now we have evidence. Judge Merchan’s office issued a letter to Donald Trump’s defense team alerting them that one of the jurors discussed the verdict with a family member, who later shared that foreknowledge on the court’s public Facebook account.

We’ll see what happens. It could be troll bait, but this trial became more of a circus if true. The person who posted about the verdict claimed to have a cousin on the jury for Donald Trump’s hush money trial (via Fox News):

UPDATE: Is this fake? I wouldn't be shocked if this is too good to be true. The rigging and bias in this trial were believable from the start, but this might be a stretch. If not, well, Christmas has indeed come early.

Complete Article

Back