What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jesus Loves Us For Our Souls

Andy C

Well-known
There are numerous people around the world who worship imperfect man-made gods. From the time these deities were supposedly created, they were said to require numerous works and other contributions in order that they may be “pleased” with their followers. Not keeping up with all the requirements could result in some very serious consequences. (ESV – all emphasis is mine)

Our God is the only true Heavenly Father, creator of all the heavens and the earth, and He understands us far beyond anything that we think we know about ourselves.

First of all, a review of Ephesians 2:8-9 tells us, “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works so that no one may boast.”

To have this gift, there is a very simple but strict requirement; we must receive and accept the fact that our gift was provided by a part of the Father Himself. Jesus is called His Blessed Son, and through the terrible sacrifice He made for us on a cruel cross at Calvary, we are able to look forward to an eternity with Him in Paradise.

The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are three entities that make up our triune Godhead. Only the blood sacrifice from a perfect, sinless human could have ever met the Father’s standard for perfection in order for Him to fully forgive the sins of imperfect humans, which we all have been since the fall of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden in Genesis 3.

Looking at Hebrews 10:4, “for it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.” God allowed the early sacrifices as a “temporary” measure until a permanent solution could be made. Jesus was, and will be, the only sinless “human” to ever live on this earth.

Going next to Hebrews 10:12-18, “But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, waiting from that time until His enemies should be made a footstool for His feet. For by a single offering, He has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified. And the Holy Spirit also bears witness to us, for after saying, ‘This is the covenant I will make with them after those days, declares the Lord; I will put My laws on their hearts, and write them on their minds.’ Then He adds, ‘I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more.’ Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer any offering for sin.”

"The blood shed by our Savior not only covers everyone from Calvary to the end of this earth but also reaches back to all who, prior to His sacrifice, were in the will of the Father."

Reading through the posted article, the above brought to mind a snippet from a sermon I heard this morning. The preacher brought out the point that while Jesus hung on that cross, it became the most sinful place in all of history.
It made me reflect again on the fact that while He poured out His soul, while He shed His blood, He became sin. All that sin mentioned above from the article. All my sin, all our sin.

Isaiah 53:11-12
New King James Version
He shall see the labor of His soul, and be satisfied. By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many, For He shall bear their iniquities.

Therefore I will divide Him a portion with the great, And He shall divide the spoil with the strong, Because He poured out His soul unto death, And He was numbered with the transgressors, And He bore the sin of many, And made intercession for the transgressors.

2 Corinthians 5:21
New King James Version
For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

The more I get to know Him, the more I realize I can never fully understand the depth of what He accomplished on that cross. Nor with His burial and glorious resurrection.
I'm still shaken and humbled to my soul every time I think on it, even more so now than when I first believed.

Back