What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jesus’ Preeminence Verifies Our Hope in His Soon Appearing

By Jonathan Brentner

Colossians 1:15-20 doesn’t predict what’s going to happen next or reveal what lies ahead for this world. However, the descriptions of our Savior in these verses verify all that I believe about a pre-Tribulation Rapture, a literal seven-year Tribulation, and Jesus’ thousand-year reign over the nations.

At the church that meets in our home, we recently read and discussed the words of Colossians 1:15-20:

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.

As I continued to reflect on the words of this passage, I couldn’t escape the thought that they confirm my anticipation of Jesus’ imminent appearing.

This text doesn’t predict what’s going to happen next or reveal what lies ahead for this world. It’s not Bible prophecy per se. However, the descriptions of our Savior in these verses verify what I believe about a pre-Tribulation Rapture, a literal seven-year Tribulation, and Jesus’ thousand-year reign over the nations.
“How does it do that?” you might ask. Allow me to explain how the words of these verses....

Continue Reading:

Back