What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Israeli Group Practices Red Heifer Ritual In Front Of Al-Aqsa Mosque

PaidInFull

Well-known
A group of religious Israelis have been pictured practicing the ritual of the red heifer, which is meant to herald the building of a new Jewish temple on the site of Al-Aqsa Mosque.

According to Jewish tradition, the ashes of a perfectly red heifer cow are needed for the ritual purification that would allow a third temple to be built in Jerusalem. That temple, say radical Jewish groups, must be constructed on the raised plateau in Jerusalem’s Old City known as the Temple Mount, where Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock shrine stand today.

From the article:
"The Temple Institute imported the heifers for the eventual purpose of using them in a ritual after years of searching for blemish-free cows, without a stray white or black hair.

Their eventual slaughter on the Mount of Olives will - according to advocates - allow Jewish people to be purified so they can perform rites and worship on the site of Al-Aqsa Mosque.

Research by a professor at Bar Ilan University estimated that the ashes of one cow could be made into enough cleansing water for 660 billion purifications."

Somewhere I think I'd read that they were going to slaughter one of the calves this past Passover - April 22 to 30th because the calf had to be under two years old?

I found this article that partly answered my question.

"The Torah commands that a red heifer be without spot or blemish, and never have worn a yoke. Rabbinic law gives several additional stipulations to the requirements of the red heifer, or calf, such as being at least two years of age and having no white hairs.

The oldest of the red heifers brought from Texas last year is just months away from being the required age to sacrifice for the purification ritual."

So it's at least two years old...

article:

'Almost everything is ready for the Third Temple,' claims Israeli TV report about red heifers brought to Israel last year​

Back