What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iran's Jesus Revolution: Mosques Close as 1 Million Muslims Accept Christ

Gary Lane
08-13-2024
Amid talk of a broader war in the Middle East, there is also news that a Jesus Revolution may be underway.
An unprecedented number of Muslims are choosing to follow Christ, especially in Iran as people search for a better life.
Iranians are growing tired of the ayatollahs and a nation led by the empty promises of their Islamic theocracy. An anonymous internal poll found that 80% now prefer a democratic government, and many are leaving Islam.

"You have a country with one of the highest drug addiction rates in the world. You have a country where corruption runs rampant. You have a country where more than half the people live below the poverty line," explained Todd Nettleton of The Voice of the Martyrs (VOM).

"And the people of Iran are looking at this and they are saying, 'Wait a minute. If this is what Islam has brought us in the last 45 years, we're not interested. We want to know what the other options are.'"
According to Nettleton, Vice President of Messaging at VOM, the faith option many are choosing is Jesus with at least a million Muslims reportedly leaving Islam for Christianity.

More

One of our church's missionaries works in a country near Iran. I won't say where. They've been sending Bibles back with the Iranians that visit on vacation. The country they are in doesn't care as long as they are not witnessing to their native population. Keep praying y'all. It may not be that visible, but there are people over there trying to reach the muslims.

That's really good news but I'd like to see a couple more confirming sources. 50K mosques closed of 75K? Given the numbers for Christian converts I'd think 10K mosques closed would be a lot. I know people are getting saved in Iran but I'd have to see a couple of independent sources confirm the claims in this article. Nonetheless, praying it is so. :pray2:

That's really good news but I'd like to see a couple more confirming sources. 50K mosques closed of 75K? Given the numbers for Christian converts I'd think 10K mosques closed would be a lot. I know people are getting saved in Iran but I'd have to see a couple of independent sources confirm the claims in this article. Nonetheless, praying it is so. :pray2:
Seemed sketch to me too

For what it's worth, I am hearing the same thing about Iran (and other ME nations, including Afghanistan) from other ministers. There is a world-wide outpouring of the Holy Spirit going on. It began slowly a few years ago and is gathering speed. I believe it is a final in-gathering of souls before the Rapture and what follows

For what it's worth, I am hearing the same thing about Iran (and other ME nations, including Afghanistan) from other ministers. There is a world-wide outpouring of the Holy Spirit going on. It began slowly a few years ago and is gathering speed. I believe it is a final in-gathering of souls before the Rapture and what follows

I've been hearing the same. But the numbers are suspect to me. if 50K mosques have closed Iran would be pretty near a Christian nation, except for the govmint of course.

Yep the numbers accepting Christ as their saviours are dwindling in the west whereas a massive boom seems to be occurring in the middle east and poorer nations in the world.

I'm kind of jealous of the ones in Iran who had Jesus personally evangelize to them in dreams , what an extreme honour that would have been

This is just my personal opinion, but i think the west is accepting way too many sinful things, we've become distracted with our lives and we are openly denying God and wanting nothing to do with him .

I think God keeps trying to invite us until a point before he lets us have our own desires and is less involved with us
I think you're spot on, brother.

Gary Lane
08-13-2024
Amid talk of a broader war in the Middle East, there is also news that a Jesus Revolution may be underway.
An unprecedented number of Muslims are choosing to follow Christ, especially in Iran as people search for a better life.
Iranians are growing tired of the ayatollahs and a nation led by the empty promises of their Islamic theocracy. An anonymous internal poll found that 80% now prefer a democratic government, and many are leaving Islam.

"You have a country with one of the highest drug addiction rates in the world. You have a country where corruption runs rampant. You have a country where more than half the people live below the poverty line," explained Todd Nettleton of The Voice of the Martyrs (VOM).

"And the people of Iran are looking at this and they are saying, 'Wait a minute. If this is what Islam has brought us in the last 45 years, we're not interested. We want to know what the other options are.'"
According to Nettleton, Vice President of Messaging at VOM, the faith option many are choosing is Jesus with at least a million Muslims reportedly leaving Islam for Christianity.

More

A lot of this started among the women.
Interesting because Jesus first appeared to women.

This movement should increase faster as time goes on and people see that conversion isn't bringing the traditional punishments for doing so,

Gary Lane
08-13-2024

More

:bouncies:

:thankyou: GOD!!! :thankyou:

:pray: :pray: in Jesus' Name :amen: :amen:

When you think of Iran and religion, Christianity isn’t what comes to mind.

The Middle Eastern nation isn’t just the biggest Shiite Muslim state in the world, it’s also one of the most draconian when it comes to enforcing the tenets of the religion. The country’s morals police is again in the international spotlight after they reportedly shot a woman last month for a violation of the country’s mandatory hijab laws, according to The Associated Press.

However, amid the severity of the country’s morality crackdown is a ray of light for Christians: Iran may well be in the midst of what some commentators are calling a “Jesus Revolution.”

This is just my personal opinion, but i think the west is accepting way too many sinful things, we've become distracted with our lives and we are openly denying God and wanting nothing to do with him .

I think God keeps trying to invite us until a point before he lets us have our own desires and is less involved with us
I think you are right. There's a growth in apostate churches in America like the NAR movement and a growing number of churches that are pro "alphabet".
I read many stories about how in North Korea and China and in Muslim countries that the dictators get frustrated because not even the persecution has deterred the growth of the church.

I think you are right. There's a growth in apostate churches in America like the NAR movement and a growing number of churches that are pro "alphabet".
I read many stories about how in North Korea and China and in Muslim countries that the dictators get frustrated because not even the persecution has deterred the growth of the church.
Yep and God's church does tend to thrive under persecution for some weird reason

Yep and God's church does tend to thrive under persecution for some weird reason
I love that fact. We don't quit. The gates of Hell will never prevail against us. The Church will never ring the bell. No matter how many false gods, false religions, edgy blue hairs on TikTok, Hollywood, hateful family members, the barrels of rifles firmly affixed to foreheads, blades to the carotid, chants of false prayers, artifacts of early attempts at destroying us, nada. None of it will make us quit. I can't wait until true evil watches us win forever.

Darkness seething without respite sounds like a good day to me. And the terror that tried to kill us all can look up and watch us prosper completely, totally, and surely, forever. In my flesh, I imagine myself looking down into the abyss of what once was and showing it how lovely and unkillable I have become due to the light of the Son scorching death away from my bones forever. It can see the bottom of my feet, instead. I'll be squarely sighted on the matters of God and all of His majesty.

I love that fact. We don't quit. The gates of Hell will never prevail against us. The Church will never ring the bell. No matter how many false gods, false religions, edgy blue hairs on TikTok, Hollywood, hateful family members, the barrels of rifles firmly affixed to foreheads, blades to the carotid, chants of false prayers, artifacts of early attempts at destroying us, nada. None of it will make us quit. I can't wait until true evil watches us win forever.

Darkness seething without respite sounds like a good day to me. And the terror that tried to kill us all can look up and watch us prosper completely, totally, and surely, forever. In my flesh, I imagine myself looking down into the abyss of what once was and showing it how lovely and unkillable I have become due to the light of the Son scorching death away from my bones forever. It can see the bottom of my feet, instead. I'll be squarely sighted on the matters of God and all of His majesty.

1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
Psalm 23, KJV

Victory in Jesus!! 🙌

Back