What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iran informed the UN of its intention to attack Israel - and Guterres okayed it.

Kaatje

Unto Thee I lift my eyes. Ps. 123
Staff member
Iran today informed the United Nations of its intention to attack Israel in an act of "self defense" under Article 51 of the UN Charter.

According to reports from the past hour, UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres confirmed Iran's "right to self defense" in a subsequent phone call with the Iranian foreign minister.

Guterres might claim he didn't mean it this way, but that will be seen by Iran and across the Middle East as a green light to attack Israel.

---

And while we're on the topic, why does Article 51 not similarly grant Israel the right to lay waste to Gaza, Lebanon and Yemen for their blatant and incessant acts of terror against the Jewish state?

Behold, I will make‭‭ Jerusalem‭ a cup‭ of trembling‭ unto all the people‭ round about‭,
when they shall be in the siege‭ both against Judah‭ ‭and‭ against Jerusalem‭.‭
‭And in that day‭ will I make‭‭ Jerusalem‭ a burdensome‭ stone‭ for all people‭:
all that burden‭‭ themselves with it shall be cut in pieces‭‭‭‭,
though all the people‭ of the earth‭ be gathered together‭‭ against it.‭

Zech. 12: 2,3

Iran today informed the United Nations of its intention to attack Israel in an act of "self defense" under Article 51 of the UN Charter.

According to reports from the past hour, UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres confirmed Iran's "right to self defense" in a subsequent phone call with the Iranian foreign minister.

Guterres might claim he didn't mean it this way, but that will be seen by Iran and across the Middle East as a green light to attack Israel.

---

And while we're on the topic, why does Article 51 not similarly grant Israel the right to lay waste to Gaza, Lebanon and Yemen for their blatant and incessant acts of terror against the Jewish state?

It's only "self defence" when Muslims do it, not Jews.
:tsk:

Back