What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If the Foundations be Destroyed...

• Thread starter Thread starter ....
  • Start date Start date
?

Once, the United States was a nation of laws.

Law and order were the foundation and the backbone of our nation; we had a social contract that was inherently understood and adhered to. People worked for a living, conducted the responsibilities of life (holding a job, paying bills, working for what they wanted, raising a family, respecting the rights of others, etc.), and recognized that they each had their place and role in society. Folks held some differing views, but they respected that the other person, while seeing something differently, had the right to that view and were largely not threatened by it (unless that view was promoting crime, violence or other disturbance). It was a time when this nation, while by no means perfect, was working, thriving and living.

Those days have vanished.

Now is the era of the criminal, the rebel and the outsider. No longer do many seek to live quietly from day to day; instead, they seek to disrupt and dominate all they see or do. From the insanity of "White Privilege" and "CRT/DEI" committing reverse racism in the name of "equality", to the LGBTQ+'s demonic assault upon schools and their vicious targeting of children. All of this began in the early days of the "COVID Pandemic", and the ramifications are sill resonating across the country. In particular: the major cities have begun to crumble to pieces from the carnage wrought by those "celebrating" what is in all reality pure filth.

Meantime, those whom were chosen to represent us in our government to enact and protect those laws have betrayed this nation and chosen to persecute and destroy people they have declared their enemies, using the very powers entrusted to them. From enshrining and enforcing laws protecting the LGBTQ+ and "their rights", to arresting those they disagree with in Nazi-esque displays of authoritarian abuse, they now act as stormtroopers for the current administration and the ones behind the scenes.

In short: they sought (and continue to seek) to destroy the foundations:

"For, behold, the wicked bend the bow, They make ready their arrow upon the string To shoot in darkness at the upright in heart.
If the foundations are destroyed, What can the righteous do?” (Psalm 11: 2-3, NASB, emphasis mine)

It is no secret that the architects and masterminds behind these riots are seeking to not only disrupt the framework that society is built upon; their desire is to remove any framework altogether, as evidenced by the cry to "disband the police". It is not an attempt to reform or establish a new system, but instead: a push to remove any and all accountability (anarchy) for one's actions, by removing the social structures that restrain them from doing as they wish.

But history has seen the foundations assaulted before, with the first attack happening in (of all places) Heaven:

"Son of man, take up a lamentation over the king of Tyre and say to him, 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "
You had the seal of perfection, Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. You were in Eden, the garden of God; Every precious stone was your covering: The ruby, the topaz and the diamond; The beryl, the onyx and the jasper; The lapis lazuli, the turquoise and the emerald; And the gold, the workmanship of your settings and sockets, Was in you. On the day that you were created They were prepared. You were the anointed cherub who covers, And I placed you there. You were on the holy mountain of God; You walked in the midst of the stones of fire. You were blameless in your ways From the day you were created Until unrighteousness was found in you. By the abundance of your trade You were internally filled with violence, And you sinned; Therefore I have cast you as profane From the mountain of God. And I have destroyed you, O covering cherub, From the midst of the stones of fire. Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty; You corrupted your wisdom by reason of your splendor. I cast you to the ground; I put you before kings, That they may see you. By the multitude of your iniquities, In the unrighteousness of your trade You profaned your sanctuaries. Therefore I have brought fire from the midst of you; It has consumed you, And I have turned you to ashes on the earth In the eyes of all who see you. All who knew you among the peoples are astonished at you; You have become a horror, And shall be no more forever”" ( Ezekiel 28:12-19, NASB, emphasis mine)

While this passage was addressed to "the King of Tyre", we realize reading it that the power behind that throne was Satan. The former angel Lucifer, he was flawless and good before the Lord, until pride overtook him and he sinned. In reading the passage in Isaiah, we initially see the pride of the King of Tyre described, only to be compared to Satan's:

"How you have fallen from heaven, O star of the morning, son of the dawn! You have been cut down to the earth, You who have weakened the nations! But you said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God, And I will sit on the mount of assembly In the recesses of the north. ‘I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.’ “Nevertheless you will be thrust down to Sheol, To the recesses of the pit. Those who see you will gaze at you, They will ponder over you, saying, ‘Is this the man who made the earth tremble, Who shook kingdoms, Who made the world like a wilderness And overthrew its cities, Who did not allow his prisoners to go home?’ All the kings of the nations lie in glory, Each in his own tomb. But you have been cast out of your tomb Like a rejected branch, Clothed with the slain who are pierced with a sword, Who go down to the stones of the pit Like a trampled corpse." (Isaiah 14: 12-19, NASB, emphasis mine)

In the first description, the King of Tyre's pride offered the Lord the perfect opportunity to demonstrate Satan's own pride that led to his fall from Heaven. In the second, Satan felt he deserved to have a place on an equal level with the Lord God Himself! He thought that in his created perfection that he was good enough to reign above all other created things! And not only did he think this, but he recruited others into his plan that felt the same way he did:

"Then another sign appeared in heaven: and behold, a great red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads were seven diadems.
And his tail swept away a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she gave birth he might devour her child." (Revelation 12: 3-4, NASB, emphasis mine)

We know these "stars" to be fallen angels, as the Lord Himself confirms Satan has other angels who feel as he does:

"Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels" (Matthew 25: 41, NASB, emphasis mine)

Satan's attempt to raise himself up to be equal with the Lord failed miserably, and as a result, he and his brood were exiled to Earth. There, they attacked Adam and Eve, and every single piece of the Word of God uttered since God spoke to mankind has been under the same brutal assault. From“You surely will not die!“ (Genesis 3:4, NASB), all the way to "All these things I will give You, if You fall down and worship me." (Matthew 4:9, NASB), Satan has been doing his level best twist, disrupt and distort the Lord's words, the order He has set things in, and His authority over this planet.

With all of that said: what are we to do?

1) Pray and read Scripture: We need to remain in contact with the Lord, both in direct, spoken prayer and in reading the Word He has given us. It's all too easy to let the fear and the stress overwhelm us to the point where we cannot even function. From personal experience, fear can feed on itself and grow tremendously large, choking all in it's path and crushing al in its' wake. Being able to bring it to the Lord (praying for the safety and needs of law enforcement and society, as well as our own needs and fears), and having His Word remind us of what He promises is of vital importance. And knowing how we are to conduct ourselves and how to handle the situation Scripturally is just as important.

2) Be on the alert: When Satan is openly moving, it means that he is commencing a major push. And in this case, it is because we are nearing the End of Days, with Satan becoming more agitated: "For this reason, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them. Woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, knowing that he has only a short time." (Revelation 12:12, NASB, emphasis mine). While it describes the future (when Satan and his brood are denied any further access to Heaven), we know that the closer we get to the Tribulation and the end of Satan's reign on Earth. With Satan knowing the end is near, he gets even more dangerous. Scripture admonishes us: "Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour." (1 Peter 5:8, NASB, emphasis mine)

3) Recognize the driving force behind all this, and PUT ON YOUR ARMOR : While what we see are people committing acts of violence and theft, we need to recognize that the spirit behind it is not one that can be fought with worldly weapons:

" Now I, Paul, myself urge you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ—I who am meek when face to face with you, but bold toward you when absent! I ask that when I am present I need not be bold with the confidence with which I propose to be courageous against some, who regard us as if we walked according to the flesh. For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ, and we are ready to punish all disobedience, whenever your obedience is complete. " (2 Corinthians 10: 1-6, NASB, emphasis mine)

Because our enemy is neither flesh nor material:

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. " (Ephesians 6: 10-12, NASB, emphasis mine).

Since our real enemy is spirit, we need heavy-duty spiritual protection:

"Therefore,
take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE; in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints" (Ephesians 6: 13-18, NASB, emphasis mine).

We need this protection for the following reasons: the Belt of Truth keeps us emotionally stable, unable to be swayed by immediate events, while the Breastplate of Righteousness keeps our hearts safe by embracing the righteousness that Jesus gave us when he died in our place and we do not crave what is evil. The Gospel of Peace gives us firm footing, knowing that we have peace with the Father through the blood of Jesus Christ and that He is not angry with us, while the Shield of Faith protects us by trusting the Lord and not in ourselves, our situation, or in fallible man. The Helmet of Salvation keeps our minds focused on the Lord, ever reminding us of the price He paid for us, and with how great a love our freedom was bought with. The Sword of the Spirit (The Word of God) is our sole weapon against Satan and his schemes: they expose him and his nasty tricks. Since Satan is the "father of lies", the Word shows Him up for exactly what he is: a murderous con-man and sniveling back-stabber.

Yes, the foundations are being destroyed. But if we make the Rock of our Salvation our sole foundation, the Lord will neither leave nor forsake us.

And that is a Foundation that can never be destroyed.

YIBC,

-Sojo414.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back