What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IDF Airstrikes Pound Damascus As Syria Warns That It Is Ready For War With Israel

If you haven’t been paying close attention to what is going on in the Middle East, you need to start doing so. As I have discussed previously, I believe that a Great Middle East War will be one of the conflicts that defines World War III. For months, the fighting has mostly been limited to Israel and Hamas, but events on the northern front are really starting to heat up. In fact, as you will see below, the IDF just pummeled Damascus with more airstrikes and the Syrian government is saying that it is ready for war with Israel. So could we soon see a scenario where Israel is fighting an all-out war with Hezbollah and the Syrian army simultaneously?

Needless to say, that really would be a nightmare. We are so close to a major regional war, and each new day brings new escalations.
Right now, there is a tremendous amount of buzz about Israel’s impending assault on the Hamas stronghold in Rafah. As the Jerusalem Post has pointed out, Hamas desperately needs Rafah if it is to survive…
There is likely another side to this. Hamas needs Rafah to survive. This is how Hamas controls humanitarian aid entering Gaza. Hamas has made extreme demands of Israel for a new pause in fighting.
It says it could release hostages over several months if Israel moves toward a ceasefire and an end to the war. In essence, Hamas wants Rafah as its main conduit to the international community, so it can control the aid that might enter during a ceasefire. Hamas wants to rebuild capabilities in Rafah and use it as a redoubt to extend its tentacles back throughout Gaza.
If Israel really does intend to wipe out Hamas, it must go into Rafah.

More

I was watching footage of action in Rafah today on TV. Rafah is a LOT bigger than when I was last there and is hardly recognizable as the same place due to growth.

Importantly, WATER is a strategic resource there, and the huge influx of refugees fleeing other parts of Gaza has likely strained or even overwhelmed water supplies and/or sources, and aggravated depending on who's controlling what. According to the TV reports, Hamas is controlling aid shipments, so whatever "extra" is arriving, fighters/terrorists are likely being supplied and civilians are getting shorted and suffering. Lack of water will also end up creating serious sanitation issues, as whatever water is available gets reserved and rationed for drinking only.

Back