What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hezbollah senior commander killed in alleged Israeli drone strike

Kaatje

Unto Thee I lift my eyes. Ps. 123
Staff member

It was unclear if Jawad, a reportedly significant figure within Hezbollah, had been killed as part of ongoing exchanges of fire between the IDF and Hezbollah or whether he was specifically targeted.​

Hezbollah and foreign media reports claimed on Monday that the IDF killed Wissam al-Tawil, known as Jawad, a key operations commander in southern Lebanon, in an air strike in Khirbat Salem, Lebanon.

I think this is on the same topic but this article says it was US strike that killed the terrorist leader.....

US airstrike kills Iran-backed terrorist leader​

The Pentagon has confirmed that an Iran-backed terrorist leader in Baghdad, Iraq, was killed in a United States airstrike on Thursday.

During a Pentagon press briefing on Thursday, Pentagon Press Secretary Gen. Pat Ryder confirmed that the U.S. airstrike was executed at roughly 12 p.m. Iraq time on January 4.

“U.S. forces took necessary and proportionate action against Mushtaq Jawad Kazim al-Jawari, a.k.a Abu Taqwa, who was a Harakat al-Nujaba leader. Abu Taqwa was actively involved in planning and carrying out attacks against American personnel,” Ryder said. “The strike also killed another HAN member, and it is important to note that the strike was taken in self-defense, that no civilians were harmed and that no infrastructure or facilities were struck.”

More

I think this is on the same topic but this article says it was US strike that killed the terrorist leader.....

US airstrike kills Iran-backed terrorist leader​

The Pentagon has confirmed that an Iran-backed terrorist leader in Baghdad, Iraq, was killed in a United States airstrike on Thursday.

During a Pentagon press briefing on Thursday, Pentagon Press Secretary Gen. Pat Ryder confirmed that the U.S. airstrike was executed at roughly 12 p.m. Iraq time on January 4.

“U.S. forces took necessary and proportionate action against Mushtaq Jawad Kazim al-Jawari, a.k.a Abu Taqwa, who was a Harakat al-Nujaba leader. Abu Taqwa was actively involved in planning and carrying out attacks against American personnel,” Ryder said. “The strike also killed another HAN member, and it is important to note that the strike was taken in self-defense, that no civilians were harmed and that no infrastructure or facilities were struck.”

More

The OP listed a different terrorist leader who was killed.

No matter who did what, another really bad person is no longer with us.

Back