What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hamas rejects US hostage deal after UN Security Council adopts ceasefire resolution

Hamas rejected a deal proposed by the United States to help secure the release of the remaining hostages amid ongoing tensions between the Biden administration and Israeli officials about how to best address the conflict.

Israel agreed Saturday to a U.S.-proposed compromise that involved releasing around 700 to 800 Palestinian prisoners in exchange for 40 hostages, The Jerusalem Post reported. According to an update Tuesday, Hamas reiterated its demands, which include the full withdrawal of Israeli Defense Forces from the Gaza Strip.

The Post shared a message Hamas posted on its Telegram channel in response to the deal, stating that the terror group is adhering to the demands presented in a March 14 press release, in which Hamas “deemed nece"sary for an agreement” withdrawal"of the IDF from Gaza.

More

From the article:

"Israel will not address Hamas's delusional demands. Israel will pursue and achieve its just war objectives: Destroying Hamas's military and governmental capacities, release of all the hostages, and ensuring Gaza will not pose a threat to the people of Israel in the future."

Netanyahu intends to send a delegation to Washington, D.C., as early as next week to discuss a potential ground operation in Rafah, a strategy that the Biden administration opposes, White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre confirmed Wednesday."

~~me~~ I heard that Netanyahu canceled sending a delegation to the WH. Does anyone know?

From the article:

"Israel will not address Hamas's delusional demands. Israel will pursue and achieve its just war objectives: Destroying Hamas's military and governmental capacities, release of all the hostages, and ensuring Gaza will not pose a threat to the people of Israel in the future."

Netanyahu intends to send a delegation to Washington, D.C., as early as next week to discuss a potential ground operation in Rafah, a strategy that the Biden administration opposes, White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre confirmed Wednesday."

~~me~~ I heard that Netanyahu canceled sending a delegation to the WH. Does anyone know?
He did but has decided to send them again

Back