What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Explosions during a ceremony commemorating Qassem Soleimani's death.

Kaatje

Unto Thee I lift my eyes. Ps. 123
Staff member

Iranian state television reported a first and then a second explosion during a ceremony commemorating Qassem Soleimani's death​

Two explosions killed at least 70 people and wounded dozens near a cemetery in Iran where a ceremony was being held to mark the 2020 death of the country's top commander Qassem Soleimani in a US drone attack, Iranian state media reported on Wednesday.

Iranian state television reported a first and then a second explosion during the ceremony in the southeastern city of Kerman, initially saying at least 20 people had been killed.

Iran: At least 50 dead in explosion near gravesite of Qassem Soleimani​

At least 50 people were killed Wednesday afternoon in two explosions in a street leading to the gravesite of former Quds Force commander Qassem Soleimani, on the fourth anniversary of his death, Iranian media reported. Dozens more people were injured in the blasts.

The blasts occurred as thousands marched to pay respects to Soleimani on the anniversary of his passing.
It is not yet clear what caused the explosions. Initially, some cemetery officials believe gas cylinders to be at the source of the blast. However, shortly afterwards a second explosion occurred in the area and suspicions of foul play began to mount.

The deputy leader of Iran's Kerman Province has said that the explosions were an act of terror.

A Sunni Muslim group maybe?
Anything is possible.
We don't know who the main target was, and did "they" whoever they are, achieve their goal?

And we can ask ourselves, who will benefit the most of this attack?

I think it might still be Israel, if they are pushed in a corner.
With Iran sending poxy after proxy to their borders, and Biden curbing Israel's prowess.

Anything is possible.
We don't know who the main target was, and did "they" whoever they are, achieve their goal?

And we can ask ourselves, who will benefit the most of this attack?

I think it might still be Israel, if they are pushed in a corner.
With Iran sending poxy after proxy to their borders, and Biden curbing Israel's prowess.
I don’t thing Israel would do something to a crowd of people like this, even if important leaders were targeted. Plus they have much better abilities and resources than bags of explosives that kill random people.

I don’t thing Israel would do something to a crowd of people like this, even if important leaders were targeted. Plus they have much better abilities and resources than bags of explosives that kill random people.
I don't think Israel does things in this way. Lots of the dead and wounded are probably civilians. The 2nd explosion was to maximize casualties. It seems more terroristic than something Israel would do.
I hope both of you are right.
Don't want Israel to be the culprit of course!

But I guess eventually they will be blamed.

Hezbollah’s leader Hassan Nasrallah was set to deliver a speech at 6:00PM Israel time on the occasion of the 4th anniversary of the assassination of Qassem Soleimani.
If not cancelled, let's hear from him what he (Iran) makes of it.

Iranian Media Claim at Least 70 Dead in Explosions at Terror Chief Qasem Soleimani’s Tomb​

Multiple Iranian state-affiliated news outlets reported the deaths on Wednesday of between 20 and 73 people at a parade honoring late terrorist Qasem Soleimani near his tomb in southern Kerman, the result of what investigations are initially describing as “twin” explosions detonated by remote.

The IRGC-affiliated Tasnim News Agency reported on Wednesday that two explosions rocked the event “as people were packed on a road leading to a cemetery where the tomb of General Soleimani is located,” 13 minutes apart. Terrorists often use multiple explosions to target both their initial victims and first responders deploying to save those injured.

Iranian emergency services official Babak Yektaparast reportedly appeared on state television later on Wednesday and announced the regime had confirmed the deaths of 73 people and another 170 injured.

There it is already:

Over 100 dead in blasts at memorial for assassinated Iranian commander​

Two explosions occurred at Kerman ceremony marking fourth anniversary of killing of top general Qassem Suleimani​

A representative of Kerman province accused agents of Israel of committing the offence, the first elected representative reported to make such an attribution. Separately, Kianush Jahanpur, the former spokesman of Iran’s health ministry, said on social media: “The answer to this crime should only be in Tel Aviv, Haifa.”

Bloomberg : The US speculates that ISIS or a related group was responsible for the explosions near Soleimani's grave. The US is awaiting more information, but officials believe it is unlikely that Israel is behind the blasts.

Back