What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EU approves plan to use frozen Russian assets to aid Ukraine — report

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Staff member
The European Council has approved a framework agreement to direct billions in revenue from frozen Russian assets towards Ukraine aid, the Financial Times reported on Oct. 27.

Western sanctions have frozen $300 billion of Russia’s Central Bank. Out of these assets, EUR 180 billion ($190 billion) is held in the world's largest securities depository, Euroclear, in Brussels.
According to the report, some member countries, such as Germany, were "skeptical of these plans due to legal problems related to property rights." But fears were allayed when the idea of extracting “windfall” revenues was endorsed by U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen. The plans were also approved by the G7.

If I were Russia, I would consider such an action an act of war and respond first by giving the E.U. a certain time frame in which to return Russia's wealth, and second: followed by a promise of nuclear annihilation if the wealth isn't returned within that time frame. Putin is probably more sane than I would be...

The European Council has approved a framework agreement to direct billions in revenue from frozen Russian assets towards Ukraine aid, the Financial Times reported on Oct. 27.

Western sanctions have frozen $300 billion of Russia’s Central Bank. Out of these assets, EUR 180 billion ($190 billion) is held in the world's largest securities depository, Euroclear, in Brussels.
According to the report, some member countries, such as Germany, were "skeptical of these plans due to legal problems related to property rights." But fears were allayed when the idea of extracting “windfall” revenues was endorsed by U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen. The plans were also approved by the G7.

If I were Russia, I would consider such an action an act of war and respond first by giving the E.U. a certain time frame in which to return Russia's wealth, and second: followed by a promise of nuclear annihilation if the wealth isn't returned within that time frame. Putin is probably more sane than I would be...
I agree 💯
The NATO nations have been repeatedly poking at the "bear", in a conflict that has nothing to do with their national interests.
IMO it's been a deliberate provocation to incite Russia towards war. Why not? They "believe" they can take Russia because NATO is more powerful than one Nation of Russia.

They don't care about the ramifications of a Nuclear war. They think that the casualties would be worth taking down Putin.

Whether they take Putin down or not, Russia will stand as a powerful Nation because prophecy has to be fulfilled for the Gog of Magog war.

The only devastating war coming is Armageddon and Jesus wins

Back