What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doubting Salvation

Andy C

Well-known
Doubting Salvation
By Grant Phillips

This article is meant to be a continuation of my previous article entitled Don’t Let Satan Steal Your Joy. I sympathize with any true born-again believer in Jesus that has moments of occasional doubt about their own salvation. It is a miserable place to be, and the Lord wants us to have assurance.

How do we become a child of God (born-again, a Christian)?

– We must admit that we are a sinner. “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” – (Romans 3:23)

– We must believe on Jesus (His death, burial and resurrection). “For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures” – (1 Corinthians 15:3-4)

– Jesus is the only way we can be saved. “Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” (John 14:6) We must ask Him to save us. “that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.” – (Romans 10:9)

That is very simplified, but the Gospel is simple. We are sinners. Jesus paid our sin debt in full, and will save all who come to Him in simple child-like faith.

“All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.” – (John 6:37)

As a new believer, He gave us His righteousness and sealed us with the Holy Spirit, guaranteeing our eternal salvation.

“Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us is God, who also has sealed us and given us the Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.” – (2 Corinthians 1:21-22)

Back