What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Details Emerge: Israel’s Response To Iran In April Destroyed Russian-Made Defense System

By Erick Stakelbeck for
Harbinger's Daily

A major scoop by the Jerusalem Post was published on Monday. It astounds me that this major development really didn’t get any attention from other media outlets.

But before I share that report, let me provide the context.

I have talked extensively about Iran and Hezbollah’s threats to strike Israel over the past month. It hasn’t materialized, at least on the Iranian end. Hezbollah intended to strike Israel late last month, but were headed off at the pass, so to speak, when Israel struck preemptively, embarrassing and weakening the terror group.

The Iranian regime has been breathing threats of an unprecedented devastating response that still hasn’t come. Why?

On April 13, Israel was bombarded by 300+ projectiles fired for the first time from Iranian soil. You know the story by now. Over 99% of those incoming Iranian missiles and drones were intercepted in a miraculous display of missile defense—and I do mean miraculous. What are the odds that 99% would be intercepted? But they were.

A few days later, Israel responded to that barrage. I’ve maintained that it just wasn’t enough to truly deter Iran and discourage the regime from trying again. We wouldn’t even be having this conversation over the past month about a looming Iranian strike against Israel if they had reacted more forcefully to April 13. I still believe that. And yet, some new wrinkles have just been added to the equation.

According to an article published in the Jerusalem Post, “Israel’s April strike on Iran’s S-300 missile system deterred Iran and Hezbollah from launching large-scale attacks in August.”

The article reports:

The IDF’s strike on Iran’s S-300 antiaircraft missile system on April 19 as retaliation for Tehran’s launching over 300 aerial threats against Israel days on April 13-14 significantly deterred the Islamic Republic and Hezbollah throughout August, top sources have told The Jerusalem Post.

To date, Iran has not retaliated in any dramatic military way directly against Israel for the assassination of Hamas chief Ismail Haniyeh on July 31 while he was in Tehran, which it attributed to Jerusalem.

Ismail Haniyeh was killed right under the noses of the Iranian regime. Iran has blamed Israel and has vowed to retaliate. Yet, according to the Jerusalem Post, “Sources are confident that Iran Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei felt that the strike on the S-300 was a significant loss and that he and his armed forces were further disturbed by being unsure of how the Jewish state had pulled it off.”

Continue Reading

Back