What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Democrats unveil plan to ban militias

1LoverofGod

Well-known
Democrat lawmakers have proposed a bill to ban private militia and paramilitary groups from operating in the United States.

Sen. Ed Markey (D-Mass.) and Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) introduced the “Preventing Private Paramilitary Activity Act” legislation following the three-year anniversary of the storming of the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021.

Under the guise of preventing another event like the Capitol Hill protest on Jan. 6, the proposed legislation introduced by Democrat lawmakers would prevent private militias and paramilitary groups from “publicly patrolling, drilling, or engaging in harmful or deadly paramilitary techniques,” “interfering with the exercise of someone else’s constitutional rights,” “interfering with or interrupting government proceedings,” “falsely assuming the functions of law enforcement and asserting authority over others,” and “training to engage in such behavior.”

The bill proposed by Markey and Raskin defines a paramilitary group as “any group of 3 or more persons associating under a command structure for the purpose of functioning in public or training to function in public as a combat, combat support, law enforcement, or security services unit.”

More

So they found a way to over ride the second amendment.

Note the first few words of the second amendment:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

So if they can't disarm you, they enact a law to ban para military groups or militias.
So this would include churches not being able to have security of more than two security guards.

So they found a way to over ride the second amendment.

Note the first few words of the second amendment:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

So if they can't disarm you, they enact a law to ban para military groups or militias.
So this would include churches not being able to have security of more than two security guards.
They might have a hard time explaining/convincing how that would be Constitutional. However I don't think it will stop them from trying all sorts of legalese lawyer gymnastics. Alas, it would just end up as a never ending battle in the courts spending millions of tax dollars that we do not have.

They might have a hard time explaining/convincing how that would be Constitutional. However I don't think it will stop them from trying all sorts of legalese lawyer gymnastics. Alas, it would just end up as a never ending battle in the courts spending millions of tax dollars that we do not have.
I think they have loose nuts in their brains because they make laws that only lawful people will obey. The lawless won't care about laws.
I'm not a rocket scientist but it appears that they want a civil war. It's being thrown around like that's what is expected. They just might get one

If this ever passes, I bet it wouldn't apply to muslim "religious police," who enforce sharia in violation of the Constitution, properly enacted laws, people's rights, etc.

But I bet it would apply to church and synagogue security :mad:

How long before law enforcement would be prohibited from secondary employment (moonlighting) :mad:

Back