What's new
Christian Community Forum

Welcome to Christian Community Forum. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Democrats decry evangelical pastor Hibbs as ‘Christian nationalist’ after House prayer

1LoverofGod

Well-known
A conservative California preacher invited to deliver the invocation as a guest chaplain in the U.S. House last month has drawn the ire of self-identified atheist Rep. Jared Huffman and 25 other House Democrats.

Pastor Jack Hibbs of Calvary Chapel in Chino Hills, who spoke of “a coming day of judgment,” in his Jan. 30 invocation, is described in the Democrats’ letter of protest as a “radical Christian Nationalist who helped fuel the January 6th insurrection and [who] has a long record of hateful vitriol toward non-Christians, immigrants, and members of the LGBTQ community.”

In their letter to House Speaker Mike Johnson, who invited the evangelical leader to offer the prayer, Democrats cite a particular reference to “national sins” that is part of Mr. Hibbs’ 257-word invocation. Lawmakers say the “sins” reference is an allusion “to the militant and fanatical agenda [Mr. Hibbs] preaches about the LGBTQ+ community, Jews, Muslims, and anyone who conflicts with his ‘biblical worldview.’”

More

We are being hated. Good. At this point, I welcome that, considering who are hating us. Those who apparently feel it’s just fine to still have Tlaib and the squad there in Washington.
Wanted to say the same!

Remember‭‭ the word‭ that‭ I‭ said‭‭ unto you‭,
The servant‭ is‭‭ not‭ greater than‭ his‭ lord‭.
If‭ they have persecuted‭‭ me‭, they will‭‭ also‭ persecute‭‭ you‭;
if‭ they have kept‭‭ my‭ saying‭, they will keep‭‭ yours‭ also‭.‭
‭But‭ all‭ these things‭ will they do‭‭ unto you‭ for‭ my‭‭ name’s‭ sake‭,
because‭ they know‭‭ not‭ him that sent‭‭ me‭.

John 15

Wanted to say the same!

Remember‭‭ the word‭ that‭ I‭ said‭‭ unto you‭,
The servant‭ is‭‭ not‭ greater than‭ his‭ lord‭.
If‭ they have persecuted‭‭ me‭, they will‭‭ also‭ persecute‭‭ you‭;
if‭ they have kept‭‭ my‭ saying‭, they will keep‭‭ yours‭ also‭.‭
‭But‭ all‭ these things‭ will they do‭‭ unto you‭ for‭ my‭‭ name’s‭ sake‭,
because‭ they know‭‭ not‭ him that sent‭‭ me‭.

John 15
A-MEN. So thankful our dear Lord told us this.

Related story
*Highlighting excerpts from article that were not in the OP article.

Dems enraged by Christian pastor's House invocation​

Hibbs suggested to the Times that Huffman was on thin ice with his unsupported claims that Hibbs was linked to the Jan. 6, 2021, events at the Capitol, which actually were a protest-turned-riot, not an insurrection.

Hibbs said he would challenge Huffman "to produce any connection I have with January 6 because I do take that as a slanderous statement."
He confirmed he had "nothing" to do with those events.

In fact, Democrats repeatedly have attacked those members of the Christian community who adhere to biblical teachings on a variety of topics. Right now, because of Joe Biden's promotion of abortion and transgenderism worldwide, those issues are getting the attention of leftists and those making statements opposing that agenda are attacked.

Back