What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Democrat state cracks down on ‘deceptive content’ ahead of 2024 election

The Democrat-controlled California legislature passed multiple bills last week intended to ban “deepfakes,” require social media companies to block “deceptive content” during elections in the state, and regulate artificial intelligence.

According to The Post Millennial, one of the laws the California legislature passed before the August 31 deadline is the “Defending Democracy from Deepfake Deception Act of 2024.” If signed by the governor, the bill would require a “large online platform,” which the legislation defines as a “public-facing internet website, web application, or digital application, including a social media platform,” to “block the posting of materially deceptive content related to elections in California, during specified periods before and after an election.”

The California legislation noted that “deceptive content” includes portraying a political candidate as “saying something that the candidate did not do or say and that is reasonably likely to harm the reputation or electoral prospects of a candidate” or an elections official “doing or saying something in connection with the performance of their elections-related duties that the elections official did not do or say and that is reasonably likely to falsely undermine confidence in the outcome of one or more election contests.”

More

The Democrat-controlled California legislature passed multiple bills last week intended to ban “deepfakes,” require social media companies to block “deceptive content” during elections in the state, and regulate artificial intelligence.

According to The Post Millennial, one of the laws the California legislature passed before the August 31 deadline is the “Defending Democracy from Deepfake Deception Act of 2024.” If signed by the governor, the bill would require a “large online platform,” which the legislation defines as a “public-facing internet website, web application, or digital application, including a social media platform,” to “block the posting of materially deceptive content related to elections in California, during specified periods before and after an election.”

The California legislation noted that “deceptive content” includes portraying a political candidate as “saying something that the candidate did not do or say and that is reasonably likely to harm the reputation or electoral prospects of a candidate” or an elections official “doing or saying something in connection with the performance of their elections-related duties that the elections official did not do or say and that is reasonably likely to falsely undermine confidence in the outcome of one or more election contests.”

More

Oh, I see. It's not to curb lies told during the election, because that would hit the Democrat Party hard. It's to attempt to stop anything that goes against the Democrat Party narrative. Got it.

Did you guys see the report on the Alexa app being an election influencer? If you ask her why to vote for Trump, you get a speech about she cannot comment on politics.

If you ask same for Harris, Alexa will tell you to vote for her since she's first woman and woman of color, who worked hard to move up.
I've never trusted Alexa. Knowing that it's a product of Amazon and Jeff Bezos is part of the globalists agenda and to find that Alexa has been found to be "biased".
So I'm not surprised that it is biased with the Presidential candidates too

I've never trusted Alexa. Knowing that it's a product of Amazon and Jeff Bezos is part of the globalists agenda and to find that Alexa has been found to be "biased".
So I'm not surprised that it is biased with the Presidential candidates too

Alexa is in my vehicles. I've never activated it or used it but I wouldn't be surprised if it was spying on me.

Back