What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cop28: King Charles warns of ‘vast, frightening experiment’ on natural world

Kaatje

Unto Thee I lift my eyes. Ps. 123
Staff member

UK monarch addresses world leaders at climate summit where more than 100 states have committed to transforming food systems​

In an opening speech calling on leaders to make Cop28 “a critical turning point”, he warned: “We are carrying out a vast, frightening experiment of changing every ecological condition, all at once, at a pace that far outstrips nature’s ability to cope … Our choice is now a starker, and darker, one: how dangerous are we actually prepared to make our world?”

World leaders signed a declaration on transforming food systems – the first Cop resolution that directly tackles the symbiotic relationship between what people eat and the changing climate. The resolution recognises that “unprecedented adverse climate impacts are increasingly threatening the resilience of agriculture and food systems as well as the ability of many, especially the most vulnerable, to produce and access food in the face of mounting hunger, malnutrition and economic stresses”.

King Charles has addressed the Cop28 summit in Dubai on Friday, warning that the dangers of climate change 'are no longer distant risks'. In his speech, Charles said alarming tipping points were being reached and he was greatly worried that countries were 'so dreadfully far off track' in efforts to address the crisis. He finished by saying: 'The Earth does not belong to us, we belong to the Earth'

Professing themselves‭‭ to be‭‭ wise‭, they became fools‭‭,‭ ‭
And‭ changed‭‭ the glory‭ of the uncorruptible‭ God‭ into‭ an image‭ made like‭ to corruptible‭ man‭, and‭ to birds‭, and‭ fourfooted beasts‭, and‭ creeping things‭.‭ ‭
Wherefore‭ God‭ also‭ gave‭‭ them‭ up‭‭ to‭ uncleanness‭ through‭ the lusts‭ of their own‭ hearts‭, to dishonour‭‭ their own‭ bodies‭ between‭ themselves‭:‭ ‭
Who‭ changed‭‭ the truth‭ of God‭ into‭ a lie‭, and‭ worshipped‭‭ and‭ served‭‭ the creature‭ more than‭ the Creator‭‭, who‭ is‭‭ blessed‭ for‭ ever‭. Amen‭.‭

Romans 1:22-25

Agreed, but sadly he has a lot of influence on a lot of people..
Yes, but probably not as much as he thinks he does.

I really dont lose any sleep thinking about globalists like Charles, or the WEF. Whatever happens in the future has already been set in place, and Im mentally prepared for whatever happens. I think these folks have lots of devious plans, most of which wont be approved as they plan. Either the church is raptured before, or some will be implemented by a OWG. No matter which, it appears our time is short. Why should I waste my remaining time worrying about things I have no control over?

I don't worry about what our enemies are up to, but I do like to be informed about what they're up to, which is the point, I believe, of sharing and discussing these kinds of things that are happening in the world now.
I do try and keep up, but then it can lead to me being stressed about something I can do nothing about. Also, I believe too many people are always searching for negative stories, not always finding the most reliables sources, instead of thinking positive.

Its a dark and negative world we are forced to live in for now, why make it darker on ones self by constantly thinking negative, or worrying over what might be nothing?

We win in the end, and that thought covers all the negatives like a warm and comfortable blanket.

I do try and keep up, but then it can lead to me being stressed about something I can do nothing about. Also, I believe too many people are always searching for negative stories, not always finding the most reliables sources, instead of thinking positive.

Its a dark and negative world we are forced to live in for now, why make it darker on ones self by constantly thinking negative, or worrying over what might be nothing?

We win in the end, and that thought covers all the negatives like a warm and comfortable blanket.

Sharing and discussing the things happening in the world doesn't require thinking negatively nor worrying. If current events causes a person to worry or have negative thoughts, then maybe that person would be better off avoiding discussing the current events that leads to that sort of thing.

Sharing and discussing the things happening in the world doesn't require thinking negatively nor worrying. If current events causes a person to worry or have negative thoughts, then maybe that person would be better off avoiding discussing the current events that leads to that sort of thing.
I think you missed my whole point, but that's ok, Im not the least bit worried:yeah:

His mother had the common sense to stay out of hot button topics but Charles is Charles, and he has always inserted himself into political hot potatoes best not touched by monarchs.

I've been surprised that he hasn't gone into face first into shoving the environment down the world's collective throat the minute the Queen was safely buried. Perhaps he's getting old, the fire grows dim and he just isn't as full of it as he used to be.

Or the Duke and Duchess of Montecito are threatening to leave Hollywood and visit jolly old England and come for a fun fun fun old fashioned family Christmas.

Or they have a new TV special with Oprah planned to make Charles regret ever producing a spare after the heir.

Many things trouble the head that wears that crown.

Back