What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breitbart Business Digest Exclusive with Donald Trump: Former POTUS Predicts Fed Will Lower Rates to Help the Democrat Nominee

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Staff member
We also were keen to ask Trump if he thinks the Federal Reserve and Chairman Jerome Powell will cut interest rates specifically to help Joe Biden (or another Democrat) win the general election. The former President said he does think that is how things will play out.

“Yeah, I think they will,” he said, before taking a light dig at Powell. “I was never a big fan of this guy,” Trump told us, before casually pointing the finger at his own Treasury Secretary. “Steve Mnuchin recommended him, but I was never a big fan.”

Trump, who is prone to interrupting his own answers to share wildly entertaining personal anecdotes, then reminded us of some of Powell’s more dramatic maneuvers during Trump’s administration. “I was jawboning him big league that at one point he dropped the rate by like one point—do you remember that?” BBD Fact Check, again, is pretty much true here. In 2020, Powell did drop rates a historic 100 basis points. Even before then, the media would complain that Trump seemed to have an ability to alter Powell’s actions by, as Trump would say, “jawboning.” “Federal Reserve Caves to Trump, Dumps Lighter Fluid on U.S. Economy,” read one Vanity Fair headline in 2019. “The president’s psychotic tantrums finally break the Fed—just in time for 2020,” according to the establishment media whiners.

Months ago I already factored lower interest rates into my financial planning for 2024 because I presumed that the Fed would lower rates even if economic indicators did not call for such actions in order to help demonrats get elected in November of '24.

During the Obama administration rates were kept artificially low no matter what the economy was doing. As soon as Trump got into the White House rates started going up, and they went up faster than they probably should have. If Trump gets elected again expect interest rates to be higher than they probably should be.

Months ago I already factored lower interest rates into my financial planning for 2024 because I presumed that the Fed would lower rates even if economic indicators did not call for such actions in order to help demonrats get elected in November of '24.

There's a hint of that in Canada which often follows the US. Short term the interest rates are predicted to fall or stay where they are but they are warning people not to get complacent and think it's all over. The Bank of Canada was warning that after the US elections interest rates will go up so people shouldn't be maxing out their credit or buying more house than they can afford long term.

Which makes me think they are paying attention to the same thing you point out here.

Well, I hope interest rates drop, and house prices (or land and building prices) drop, since I hope to buy a house this year.
Can't afford to compete with "everyone" for a place to live, whether rent or purchase, so may have to leave and go elsewhere [sigh]
When the time comes, I'm trusting God to take care of my dog and me (and hopefully a cat or two).

Back