What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BREAKING: House of Representatives Passes Bill for Mandatory Military Registration of Young Men Between 18 and 26

House Armed Services Committee (HASC) approved an amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2025.

The amendment H.R. 8070 will automatically register all draft-age male U.S. residents with the Selective Service System for a possible military draft, based on information from other Federal databases.

This new system of automatic draft registration would replace the existing system, in place since 1980, in which young men have the freedom to decide whether or not to sign up for the draft.

According to People’s World, the automatic draft registration proposal was initiated by the Selective Service System (SSS) as part of its annual budget request to Congress. Introduced by Rep. Chrissy Houlahan (D-Pa.), it was “wholeheartedly” endorsed by HASC Chair Mike Rogers (R-Ala.), and approved by voice vote of the full committee without audible opposition.

The amended bill states:

More

I thought they might. They are preparing for the war that the globalists seem to want. It's coming from both sides of the aisle if Lindsay Graham's remarks about Ukraine are an indication.

As a distraction from Trump and the upcoming election it might be trotted out to prevent a Trump win. Trump is not a globalist. But a lot of the RINOs are.

That doesn't mean they'll get their wish for war. Depends on what God allows at this point in history as we draw near to the Rapture and the beginnings of the Tribulation. Plenty of furniture moving behind the curtains before the main act can get going. And only as the Restrainer allows.

How do they define "male" and "male person?" :tap:
Will this cause more men (XY) to become "trans women?" (who are still men XY) :puke:

“SEC. 3. (a)(1) Except as otherwise provided in this title, every male citizen of the United States, and every other male person residing in the United States, between the ages of eighteen and twenty-six, shall be automatically registered under this Act by the Director of the Selective Service System.

This also means men, who are illegal aliens, undocumented and documented workers, migrants, migrant workers, resident aliens, illegal and legal immigrants, refugees, etc. will be registered. I wonder which groups will get drafted first. Is the border open to add to the pool of eligible men to conscript and deploy, since we murdered so many baby boys by abortion that the pool of military-aged men is simply too small to fulfill military needs? I saw an article awhile back that said the U.S. had aborted the same number of male babies that were needed to have a sufficient pool of men for military service.

Additionally, non-citizens can earn citizenship via honorable military service, so if non-citizens get drafted and serve honorably, they'll be eligible for citizenship, voting, etc. And their dependents (generally spouse, children, any other dependent minor family members, and dependent parents) can also be afforded citizenship.

How do they define "male" and "male person?" :tap:

That's my first thought... Are freaks born male who say they're now female exempt from registering currently? At the moment the law requires males to register at age 18 (within 30 days of b-day). This requirement does go back to 1980, but did not apply to males born on or before 1960, which was the case in my case.

That's my first thought... Are freaks born male who say they're now female exempt from registering currently? At the moment the law requires males to register at age 18 (within 30 days of b-day). This requirement does go back to 1980, but did not apply to males born on or before 1960, which was the case in my case.

The small modern window of not being required to register upon turning 18 was for men born March 29, 1957 - December 31, 1959. Women have never been required to register, although some have done so voluntarily.

Here's the official word about transgenders on the Selective Service website:

"US citizens or immigrants who are assigned male at birth and changed their gender to female are still required to register. Individuals who are assigned female at birth and changed their gender to male are not required to register.
OPM notes that “transgender” refers to people whose gender identity and/or expression is different from the sex assigned to them at birth (e.g. the sex listed on an original birth certificate). The OPM Guidance further explains that the term “transgender woman” is typically used to refer to someone who was assigned the male sex at birth but who identifies as a female. Likewise, OPM provides that the term “transgender man” typically is used to refer to someone who was assigned the female sex at birth but who identifies as male."

More (including information about immigrants, disabled, military servicemembers, etc.

Here's the Senate version:

BREAKING: Senate Armed Services Committee Proposes Mandatory Draft Registration for Women in FY25 Defense Policy Bill​

Lou Dobbs Staff

"The Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) has proposed to include a provision in the Fiscal Year 2025 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) that mandates draft registration for women.

Under the latest National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), not only will men aged 18 to 26 be automatically registered for selective service, but an amendment also proposes mandatory draft registration for women.

Please note that the version of the Fiscal Year 2025 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) passed by the House of Representatives is distinct from the version advanced by the Senate Armed Services Committee.

More

"The Senate Armed Services Committee (SASC) has proposed to include a provision in the Fiscal Year 2025 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) that mandates draft registration for women.

What about the other 438 genders? Do they get a pass? I hope women never have to register for selective service. As for the other 438 genders, our military is better off without them.

More from the Senate version article:

"Once both the Senate and House pass their versions of the bill, they must then be reconciled in a bicameral conference committee, and then approved by each chamber before a final version may be sent to the President to be signed into law.

Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) vehemently criticized the new proposal, stating, “You can go straight to hell. Over my dead body. [House GOP]”
In a subsequent post, Rep. Roy declared, “This is for my daughter. Non-negotiable. And if Republicans want to engage in this – screw them too.”
Rep. Mike Davis (R-UT) also expressed his opposition, saying, “We will not draft women. I stand with [Chip Roy] — this will happen over my dead body.”"

More

I'm not surprised the gender equality folks want to draft women. Satans death wish for humanity at work. I thought I heard rumours of this a couple of weeks back.

There is a Biblical reason women weren't serving in the OT versions of the IDF.

Babies.

That was why in the OT, men who recently married were exempt. To give them a chance to father a child before they served.

If a nation wants to survive beyond the current generation the women need to have around 2.5 children OR MORE each. The .5 children are because not all babies survive to reproduction and not all couples are fertile.

With current rates of infertility on the rise, women should be having around 3 babies and more would be better.

Sadly the yoyos who propose this are forgetting that when women serve, they forgo having children in their most fertile period of life (late teens to 28-30 after which fertility drops off on quite a steep curve). It's actually a lot smaller window in practical terms. By the time a woman is 40 it is nearing the end of normal unassisted fertility and really if you look closely, the cutoff is around 36-38. I'm not counting the outliers, the women who conceive naturally beyond 40 well into their 50s. That still happens but you can't count on it if you want to keep a population going generation after generation with the same numbers or growing.

Without going further down that rabbit trail it's good to see that there is a slight recognition that gender confers differences in muscle mass and overall strength. While some women out perform some men, the bell curve for each sex generally holds true that men are stronger than women no matter what hormones they are taking at the time which is why these transgender wannabe women are bringing home the gold medals, leaving women in the dust in every sports category you can think of.

While women who really work at it, can train to achieve near normal to average men that is not the biological reality for most women and it involves serious effort.

Meanwhile if women do what we are designed to do, which is to grow the next generation first inside the womb and then outside the womb till they achieve liftoff as adults, that is a lot of work. Our muscle placement on our bodies, the bone structure, even our brain structure is designed to do that. Just multitasking alone- that is a brain difference where women are designed to track multiple moving children and keep everyone safe. I learned about it for stroke rehabilitation and brain injury where that aspect of the female brain is an advantage.

**Related

Mandatory Draft Registration for Women Heads for a Senate Vote
The Senate Armed Services Committee agreed to include a provision in the Fiscal Year 2025 National Defense Authorization Act that requires women to register for Selective Service.
The bill passed out of committee on a 22-3 vote. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), Jack Reed (D-RI), and Tom Cotton (R-AR) cast no votes.

If the Senate version of the NDAA passes and becomes law, this will place us in the company of the seven other countries that draft women (Eritrea, Israel, Mozambique, Norway, North Korea, Myanmar, and Sweden).
More

I thought males had to register all this time, not having a choice?

You're correct. To fail to register can lead to time in the slammer. It's required under the law... not optional.

If I were a young male, I'd prefer the automatic registration being proposed so I wouldn't have to concern myself with registering and keeping my contact info up to date.

If the Senate version of the NDAA passes and becomes law, this will place us in the company of the seven other countries that draft women (Eritrea, Israel, Mozambique, Norway, North Korea, Myanmar, and Sweden).
More

Israel needs to draft women because the country, itself, is a battle zone. When attacked, it's all hands on deck. People too old or disabled to fight, take care of the children and elderly, and still sometimes have to defend the home or shelter.

When I was there decades ago, Soldiers carried their Uzis with them everywhere, even off-duty, kind of like people in the U.S. cc on a daily basis and go about their business. Universal active service was only a couple of years, and then most went into the Reserves, which entailed occasional training, maintenance of issued weapon and equipment, and active service in the event of an attack/national emergency, and lived normal civilian lives. Pregnant women were exempted from call-up, and for a period of time after birth, but still had their Uzis, etc.

One day my then husband was off-duty in Eilat, and saw a woman come out of the water (Gulf of Eilat/Red Sea), rinse off in the fresh-water shower, towel off, dress, put everything into a bag, pick up her baby, pick up her Uzi, and walk off. He said it was a total shock at first, and then he looked around and saw others. Those with older (mobile) kids were taking turns watching and swimming, but everyone had an Uzi, transient nakedness as people changed was the norm, and no one cared or paid any particular attention to it. However, everyone was alert and particularly attentive to the water and toward Jordan (border very close).

When one's country is only four miles across and surrounded/sometimes infiltrated by enemies, everyone has to be ready all the time, and when (not if) stuff happens, there's no time to go to and queue at the unit arms room to get issued weapons and ammunition.

I don't think universal service is bad, so long as the required service is limited to only a couple of years. AND, there are civilian jobs one could be used in, women aren't forced into combat roles (which these days can be almost any military job, depending on the unit and mission), only people mentally and physically able are put into combat and certain other jobs, and specific high-tech jobs are only available for career military with a mandatory service commitment after completion of training. Having a big pool of trained Soldiers, even though back in civilian life, isn't a bad thing.

Pregnancy/parenthood is allowed in the U.S. military, and there are specific policies, including family care plan requirements for single and dual-service couples, and nondeployability of pregnant Solders and for a time after birth. In some ways,pregnancy is kind of treated like having a bad injury, in that the Soldier can perform duties in accordance with medical limitations, or can be medically or administratively discharged. My issue with it is some Soldiers deliberately got pregnant when the War on Terror started and it hurt unit readiness and operational efficiency, even with last-minute replacements. To me, that was no different than a Soldier deliberately hurting him or herself to avoid deployment. Team-building and learning unit-specific procedures and missions take time. In a very small unit, even one nondeployable Soldier can significantly impair operations, especially if that Soldier is in a key position.

After seeing the first 30 seconds of a video where Hamas had captured young female IDF soldiers, I would never want women to have to serve. Makes them sitting ducks for attacks. :ohno:

Women serving know this is a potential (likely) outcome in the event of capture. Yet another means of torture. It's something we accept as a hazard of military service if we get deployed. The nurses captured in Corregidor and other places in the Pacific during World War II faced this.

Yet another reason for all Soldiers, including women, to be well trained (including hand-to-hand combat) and mentally prepared for the realities of war. These days, male Soldiers also need to be cognizant of the potential for rape. Americans and Canadians aren't the only perverts on the planet.

My issue with it is some Soldiers deliberately got pregnant when the War on Terror started and it hurt unit readiness and operational efficiency, even with last-minute replacements. To me, that was no different than a Soldier deliberately hurting him or herself to avoid deployment
We had a few cases where this was suspected, but really impossible to prove.

We had a few cases where this was suspected, but really impossible to prove.

When a woman gets pregnant after her unit is notified of deployment, and then after being replaced by someone else and the unit has left, has an abortion, there's enough there for JAG, Chain of Command, etc. to open an investigation.

OTOH, when a woman has been undergoing fertility treatments for many months and finally comes up pregnant right after deployment orders, that's a whole 'nother story. Her Chain of Command was aware since she had been on profile, and advance planning and cross-training for the deployment contingency had been done.

You're correct. To fail to register can lead to time in the slammer. It's required under the law... not optional.

If I were a young male, I'd prefer the automatic registration being proposed so I wouldn't have to concern myself with registering and keeping my contact info up to date.
I registered with selective service before I enlisted. About two months after I received my Honorable Discharge I received a letter from selective service stating I needed to register, I mailed them a copy of my DD-214 and a copy of my Honorable Discharge and asked them if I still needed to register? I didn’t get a reply, gee I love Uncle Sam:rofl:

I registered with selective service before I enlisted. About two months after I received my Honorable Discharge I received a letter from selective service stating I needed to register, I mailed them a copy of my DD-214 and a copy of my Honorable Discharge and asked them if I still needed to register? I didn’t get a reply, gee I love Uncle Sam:rofl:

I registered on my 18th birthday, right after registering to vote.

Didn't enlist until years later. One of the letters I received from Selective Service, addressed to me at my unit, while I was on Active Duty asked if my address had changed :lol:

I think (hope) I still have a few letters from them, somewhere . . .

Back