What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biden secretly gave Ukraine permission to strike inside Russia with US arms, Politico reports

WASHINGTON, May 30 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden has secretly given Ukraine permission to strike inside Russia - solely near the area of Kharkiv - with American weapons, Politico reported on Thursday, citing a U.S. official and two other people familiar with the plan.

“The president recently directed his team to ensure that Ukraine is able to use U.S. weapons for counter-fire purposes in Kharkiv so Ukraine can hit back at Russian forces hitting them or preparing to hit them,” Politico reported, citing a U.S. official who added that the policy of allowing long-range strikes inside Russia “has not changed.”

Politico's story did not say when Biden gave the permission.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has warned of the threat of a global conflict if Kyiv's Western allies allow it to use weapons they have supplied to strike inside Russia, something Ukraine's government is urging its partners to permit.

More

**More on this OP

Biden gives Ukraine permission to use US weapons to attack Russia — marking shift in long-standing policy
President Biden has given Ukraine the green light to use US-provided weapons to hit some targets in Russian territory, according to a US official.

“The President recently directed his team to ensure that Ukraine is able to use US-supplied weapons for counter-fire purposes in the Kharkiv region so Ukraine can hit back against Russian forces that are attacking them or preparing to attack them,” the US official said Thursday.

The official noted, however, that Ukraine will not be allowed to use long-range US weapons to hit military targets deep inside Russian territory.

More

They've been fairly restrained so far in terms of them carrying out their threats.

I wonder whether this will be the final straw ?
We can pray that we're outa here in the Rapture sooner rather than later because Bible prophecy didn't mention WW1 or WW2 nor does it mention WW3, it only says "wars and rumors of wars", but we Trust God and believe God's Word

4He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
5You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
6Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.

7A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
Psalm 91:4-7

We remember:

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you [lwill have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
John 16:33

"Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth"
Revelation 3:10

Back