What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biden: Israel and Hamas have agreed to ceasefire, hostage deal framework

United States President Joe Biden confirmed on Friday afternoon that, while more work is needed, Israel and the Hamas terror group have agreed on a ceasefire deal framework that would see the release of hostages.

"Six weeks ago I laid out a comprehensive framework for how to achieve a ceasefire and bring the hostages home," Biden wrote on X, formerly Twitter. "There is still work to do and these are complex issues, but that framework is now agreed to by both Israel and Hamas. My team is making progress and I'm determined to get this done."

On Thursday, US National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan told reporters that there were "miles to go on a ceasefire" but that “signs are more positive today than they have been in recent weeks.”

What might the framework look like?​

In a Wednesday op-ed, a senior US official told the Washington Post that a framework has reportedly been agreed upon for a ceasefire-hostage release deal in Gaza.

More

I know this much, all of the going round and round with the "Hostage Deal" is only stirring emotions with the Israelis and causing Netanyahu's government to keep falling apart.
Yep i agree Rose, the longer this war draws out the more of a double edged sword it becomes for Netanyahu as his enemies use the fact that all the hostages have not been rescued and most likely decrease the onger they're being held captive.

Back