What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Almost Home :: By Dennis Huebshman

1LoverofGod

Well-known
In 1 Corinthians 15:50-53, Paul wrote, “I tell you this, brothers, flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Behold, I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead shall be raised imperishable, and we shall all be changed. For this perishable body must put on immortality.” (ESV – all emphasis is mine).

When Paul says that we shall not all sleep, he is telling us that there will be people on this earth who will not die. When the Trumpet of God sounds, and there’s a cry of command with the voice of an archangel (1 Thessalonians 4:16), the dead in Christ will rise up to meet the Savior to be reunited with their souls and to receive an immortal body. This event is commonly known as the Rapture.

One thing to remember is that our Heavenly Father knows where every single body on this earth is from everyone who has perished or will perish while here. It doesn’t matter if only a molecule or two remains; the souls will be joined to those remains to become a complete, forever immortal body.

Next, after the dead in Christ rise up and receive their new bodies, those who are true believers in the Savior will rise up to meet Him in the air, and our bodies will transform from the human mortal to Heavenly immortality. From that time and all through eternity, we will be with the Savior as part of His precious flock.

More

Back