What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Christian’s are Skitsofrantic

Goodboy

Just waiting for the Rapture at this point!
All Christians are Skitsofrantic

Romans 7

7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

What Paul is saying is that though he always wants to do good, he finds that he stills sins. So he then concludes that there must be two parts to him. The Spiritual that wants to do good and the carnal (flesh) that wants to sin. This will always be the case for all of us until we die or are Raptured. At that point the carnal (flesh) will be left behind and the warring will be over! No more struggling with sin, hurray!

So if we can understand that there are two combating parts to us meaning the carnal (flesh) and the spiritual, then this can help us understand what we must do to help us to sin less. First of all we must understand that we will never stop sinning completely as long as the carnal (flesh) is alive. That said, what we want is for the carnal (flesh) to be weak and for the spiritual to be strong. How do we to that? Exercise! Meaning the part of us that gets the most exercise will be the strongest. So then study the Bible, go to church, fellowship with other Christians and all the other things that strengthen the spiritual you.

Which part of you are you exercising the most, the carnal (flesh) or the spiritual?
Goodboy :)

Back