What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Accolades To Our Triune God :: By Dennis Huebshman

Andy C

Well-known
To say we worship and serve an awesome God would be a huge understatement. Our Creator could have been totally different in the way He looks at us and treats us; however, He has shown us what absolute true love really is. To be fair, He does have some stipulations for our eternity with Him, yet none are harsh, burdensome, or unreasonable. (ESV – all emphasis is mine)

First of all, we go to Exodus 20, where the Father gave the Ten Commandments through Moses. In verses 3-6, we read, “You shall have no other gods before Me. You shall not make for yourselves a carved image of any likeness, of anything that is in Heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate Me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love Me, and keep My commandments.”

One note here: jealousy in humans is typically a negative trait, meaning they have earthly desires for selfish reasons, and God is not on their minds. Our God is possessive of the worship and service that belongs to Him and does not want us worshiping anything other than Him. To bow down to man-made idols or to other humans in worship is an abomination to the Father.

Our Heavenly Father wants us to know for sure that He is with us at all times. Isaiah 41:10 states, “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”

Psalm 32:10-11; “Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but steadfast love surrounds the one who trusts in the Lord. Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, O righteous, and shout for joy, all you upright in heart.”

Back