What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Foreshadowing Of What’s To Come: Signs That Indicate Jesus’ Return Is Drawing Near

1LoverofGod

Well-known
When we read the headlines, it is not hard to see that our world is on a downward slide. Political tensions, natural disasters, and disease outbreaks are escalating. More and more professed believers seem to be falling away from the faith. It has caused many people to wonder whether these events are part of biblical prophecy.
I can say with certainty that we are closer to the Rapture and the Tribulation than ever before. And, even as the world hurtles toward earth’s Last Days, we can find hope in God’s Word.

The next prophetic event described in Scripture is the Rapture. On that day, “The Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the believers who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever” (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).

In His Olivet Discourse, Jesus stated that no one—including Himself and the angels—knows when the Rapture will occur (Matthew 24:36). But prophetic events cast shadows, giving us a foreshadowing of what is to come. In anticipation of the end of the age, our Lord outlined several signs that would indicate His return was drawing near. These phenomena are increasingly evident in our world today.

The Sign of Deception​

Continue Reading:​

I tend to agree with Andy and Kem. But the opinions expressed in the Harbingers article are nonetheless worth reading. And I especially like the author's.conclusion;

Biblical prophecy reminds us that the deception, conflict, devastation, and tribulation of the Last Days is no match for Almighty God. When we experience terrible events like the COVID-19 pandemic and persecution, Scripture reminds us that God declares “the end from the beginning” and that His “counsel shall stand” (Isaiah 46:10). By understanding the signs of the End Times in this context, we can join the apostle Paul in saying, “For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory” (2 Corinthians 4:17).​

Two issues with this overall good read.

1. We have no way of knowing what the next prophetic event will be.

2. IMO, Jesus did not refer to the rapture at any time during His Olivet Discourse, but was talking about the times during and at the end of the tribulation.
Yeah i'm sort of confused, people keep saying that the verse of Luke that says that when you see these things happen, look up for you redemption draws near is a rapture verse.

My confusion is that i thought that the rapture is a mystery only revelaled by Paul, so woukd the verse in Luke be referring more to the redemption of the remaining Jews in the tribulation that get rescued by Jesus when they call out to his name for help?

Back