What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

‘Christian role in Lebanon has ended,’ says Hezbollah-affectionate commentator

Pro-Hezbollah Lebanese commentator stirred up a virtual storm in Lebanon following a sharp attack against his Christian compatriots in Lebanon, where he claimed that the Christians’ role in Lebanon is over and alleged that American battleships are coming to the region to take them away.

In his controversial rant given during an interview with Lebanon On News, Reda Saad addressed his “Christian brethren in Lebanon,” as he named them, warning them to pay attention carefully to his words.
“I fear that the Christians in Lebanon will face a similar destiny to that of the Afghans when they clung to the wheels of the American planes and are thrown from the sky,” he said provocatively. “I fear that you won’t have an airport or a port [to flee]. And perhaps the foreign warships are coming to take you, to the last of you.”

Saad lashed out against the Christian population in his country. “Unfortunately, did you see where you ended up? You can’t even appoint a president!” he said, adding that the Christian Lebanon “became synonymous with the American and Israeli ones” and accusing them of collaborating with the French mandate and favoring French over Arabic.

“So let everyone know that the role of Christians in Lebanon has ended!” he declared. “You have become a minority in this country, and yet you still hold high positions... Nobody would accept this issue. The next generations will not accept it. They will not accept that the president must be Christian; he must be a Sunni Muslim or Shi’i. We represent the majority in this country, and we want our share in this sectarian regime,” Saad stressed, referring to the ‘sectarian method’ secured in Lebanon following the 1989 Ta’if agreement, which ended the civil war, and in which Christian Lebanese were allocated a majority of seats in parliament in addition to the office of president.

More

Back