What's new
Christian Community Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joe Biden, Xi Jinping meet amid disputes over military, economic issues

Kaatje

Unto Thee I lift my eyes. Ps. 123
Staff member
WOODSIDE, California, Nov 15 (Reuters) - U.S. President Joe Biden met Chinese leader Xi Jinping for the first time in a year on Wednesday for talks aimed at easingfriction between the two superpowers over military conflicts, drug-trafficking and artificial intelligence, and said they had made "real progress."

Biden welcomed the Chinese leader at the Filoli estate, a country house and gardens about 30 miles (48 km) south of San Francisco, where they will move later for a summit of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) forum.

Biden said the U.S. and China had to ensure that competition between them "does not veer into conflict" and manage their relationship "responsibly." He said issues such as climate change, counter-narcotics and AI demanded their joint attention.

Further:

Well I gotta wonder if Xi even bothers to look like he's listening to Joe. Probably too busy counting his missiles in the South China Sea. He has to be ready for his opportunity and Joe won't say anything important. Considering the "friction" has been part of China's strategy all along it's a stretch for Joe to think he's making progress with Xi.

Xi sat up and paid complete attention to Trump when Trump excused himself to go launch some missiles he promised the Syrians between dinner and dessert on the first official Chinese visit to the new president. Xi didn't so much as sneeze until 3? years later and the unfortunate incident with the plague escaping Xi's laboratories.

Quite a different approach.

Back